American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Musicain

My style is mostly punk/rock and some classic rock. This guitar suits my style perfectly. I am using a Marshall MG15CD with this and a Boss ME50, it sounds okay with my amp but when I get my new one (Carvin MTS3212) it will sound perfect. It's noisy b/c it has single coils but that can be fixed with a noise suppressor. The bridge pickup has a bright sound as it is but when you put on the delta tone it has a boost that give it a slightly brighter sound and more distortion. The neck pickup is great for clean and lead stuff, very rich. This guitar can do anything from blues to '80s hair metal, the singles can do alot. Lots of sounds man.

I've been playing for 3 and a half years now. I own three guitars, (Ibanez Jem and Ibanez Talman acoustic), a Boss ME-50 and a crappy Marshall practice amp. Yes I would buy this again after I kill the person who stole it, I would have to say my favorite feature of this is the tremelo. It stays in tune for almost everything. I'm also a whammy whore so it's good. When I got it I compared it to my Jem and it blew it away in sound and tuning stability. It's perfect. I wish it had those locking tuners on the Deluxe series but I'm gonna buy them when I get that cash.

This thing is tough, belive me. I would not go to a gig with out a backup anyways. I got one scratch on it already when one of my other guitars fell and hit it and even that was a small ding.

Everything was fine. When I got it I checked it over and found nothing. The strings when new so they where stretching but I don't like Fender strings so I but on my favorite D'Addorio 10-52 and re adjusted the action and intonation but I was gonna do that anyways so it was fine.

My Fender Stratocaster was made in Corona, California, USA in 2005. It has 22 medium frets on a maple fretboard with a 9 inch radius and a 25. 5 scale. Solid top Strat, alder body, maple neck. Crome red finish. American standard tremelo. Passive electronics. One volume, two tone controls plus "delta tone" wich is a boost for the bridge pickup. 5-way selector Switch S/S/S pickup configuration, American Strat pickups. and Fender non-locking Schaller tuners. My guitar came with a Fender hardshell case, strap, cable, hex wrenches and a polish cloth. The only bad thing was that the case was warped so I have to return this one.