American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

This definitely suits my music styles, blues, classic rock, rock, hard rock and so on. I have a craptacular amp, and a DOD Overdrive pedal but it sounds ok thru my amp, very versatile. I love it soo much, with my friends V-Amp it gets sooo much sustain. Obviuosly ever body knows that strats are probably the most versatile electric guitars. This thing can copy any sound. From Back In Black, to Black Dog, to Another Brick In The Wall. It definitely isn't limited to bands whose guitarists use Strat, it can make most Angus Young sounds, some Jimi Page sounds, Zakk Wylde, Randy Rhoads and of course you can make all of the Hendrix sounds. All in all its sick with its own distinguishing characteristics, and the ability to copy other sounds.

I play the blues, classic rock and hard rock/metal. I've been playing for 3-4 years and this guitar is definitely a good match for me. Now I need to upgrade the rest of my gear, new amp, maybe an effects processor, some pedals. If it were stolen, I'd cry my eyes out 'cause my sister bought me it, my first good electric guitar. I love everything about it, everything. I chose this guitar for its amazing versatility and good price. All in all, an amazing instrument that has to be good when so many popular and good guitarist play it. After all, the Strat is the most recognized guitar. I love it!

Of course it can withstand live playing, it will obviously last if you take good care of it. What's there to not last, it's all high quality wood and metal and plastic. The strap buttons are ok and I would use it on a gig without a backup 'cause it's so dependable. The finish looks nice and shiny, expecially since I clean it like once a day with the Fender cloth.

In the store the setup was ok, but the bridge wasnt perfectly flat on the body. I did that free setup thing and it paid off except I had to wait like two weeks. And they didn't really set everything up perfectly, there's some buzz on the 6th string when I press the string kinda akwardly.

From the serial number I could tell that it was made in 2005, obviously in the usa since it's an American Strat. It's usual Strat 22 jumbo frets, solid alder body (I think), rosewood fretboard, black finish, floating bridge, a volume and 2 tone knobs, 5-way selector, 3 original Fender single coil pickups. With it a got a case (one of those molded ones shaped sorta like a guitar), and this kit with a bunch of stuff like the owners manual, a Fender strap, a whammy bar, a cloth, a 10ft cable, a bunch of those allen wrenchs. I also bought a black pickguard, 'cause I didn't want the Eric Clapton look, I want more of the Dave Gilmour look.