American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Musicain's Friend

Like many people have proven before (Hendrix, Clapton, Beck, Vaughn to name a few) this guitar can handle anything from hard rock to the sweetest blues ever made. For me, it's more of a hard rock/punk and a little bit o' blues. I am now currently using a Carvin MTS 3200 2-12 combo amp, Dunlop cry baby wha, Boss CE-5 Chorus essemble and a Boss TU-2 tuner. The single coils are a bit noisy when on distortion, but that depends on how hard you push your amp, on clean, it's noiseless. The neck/middle pickups are very, very rich and the bridge pickup is very bright and hot. You can get any sounds out of this guitar.

I love everything about this guitar, it's good for my style. If it where stolen I would kill the SOB who stole it and get it back. I've been playing for about 6 years now. I would buy it again and get the exact same thing too. I compared this too a Ibanez RG 1570 and the Strat came out on top b/c of the pure fact of versitality and the other fact that a floyed trem is just too much work. The Strat is also easilly customized too.

The guitar was set up pretty well at the factory but I like my own touch so I set up the guitar to my specs and put on the strings I like (D'Addario 10-52s). The pickups are awesome, I took out the bridge s/c and put in a dimarzio Tone Zone humbucker (thanks to the HSH routing) to get a fatter bridge pickup. I also took out the schaller tunes and put in Sparzel locking tuners. Everything on the guitar was fine.

My Strat is Chrome red with a maple neck/fretboard. 22 medium frets with a 9" inch C shape neck and a 25.5" scale. Made in september, 2005. solid top Strat alder body with a Polyurethane finish. Fender American 2 point synronised tremelo (nice, stay in tune good). 3 passive American Strat single coil pickups. 5-way switching, 1 volume, 2 tone - tone 2 has delta tone active pickup boost (really nice). H/S/H routing and Fender/Schaller American staggered tuning machines. And a Fender molded case (it was warrped so I bought a TKL case) a Fender strap and a 20" Fender cable.