American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

What type of music canyt this guitar handle? If you can't decide whether to get a Gibson or a Strat then choose the Strat for its sheer versatility, I can play some punk music with my mate going sick on his double pedal at the drums, or simply sit on my bed at night and play some more quite stuff without it even being amped up (it still sounds unbelievably Stratocaster'ish) linked to a cry baby wah the guitar wails, linked to a big muff teh guitar spits, anything is achievable. Try the Ernie Ball Super Slinky Guitar strings, they sound and fee great.

Superb all round guitar, once you pick it up you really cant put it down, I've carried mine around the house with me today whilst revising for exams, and I'm typing this review with the Strat around my neck now!

What would be the point in taking a backup guitar? The only thing which might break is the strings.

the guitar was setup fine, but they supply you with all the tools needed to change the action (which I did). It had no flaws and you could really tell that everything had been double checked (quite rightly so), I'm considering uprating the pickups to get an even better, more origional sound though, but the standard pickups are great (I just want to be different).

Bought in '05, all standard US Strat controls, maple neck with olympic white body 22 Jumbo frets, thinking of getting some locking tuners but I don't really nead them 'cause the standard ones are great, got Fender hard case (which is of unbelievably shoddy quality as the clasps dont match up properly).