American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: George's Music

I usually play a lot of System Of A Down (the best), Underoath, From First To Last, Hawthorne Heights, Slipknot, just a lot of heavier and a little harder stuff. The Strat is not exactly what I would pick for this style, but its great for beginners who are very dedicated. right now, I am using a Line 6 amp with mostly just distortion and a little reverb. I have tested it with chorus flange, phaser, tremelo, delay, etc. it works perfectly fine with all of them. The sound is fine but there is one problem with my model. It seems that on a clean setting, it makes a creaking sound with the fretboard. I asked a specialist and he said that the sound was supposed to be their for '60s-'70s rock, I'm still not really sure. As for the sounds it can make, it can do great harmonics, pullofs, behind-nut bends, etc.

As I said before I play rock. Love it love it love it. I play System Of A Down, Underoath, Hawthorne Heights, From First To Last, Slipknot, MCR, etc. This guitar can pretty much suit any style of play, but I would recomend it for softer rock, country, blues, definately. I have been playing for about 2 years, but I play all the time and spend a lot of time playing. I own an Epiphone, Ibanez acoustic, Line 6 amp, Peavy amp, Squier bass, Fender bass amp. I would most likely get something else if I could as I am going to get an SG for a more specialized rock sound. I can't stand that creaking sound, which dropped it a point or two. I wish it didn't have that. But if you are willing to spend good money on a good beginner's guitar like such, it's a safe bet.

This guitar will definately last a long time, just everything about it. The strap buttons don't even turn (hint - don't get a standard Epiphone). I can definately depend on it live, practice, whatever. The finish is very thick and you can hardly tell it's there.

The guitar was all ready to play back from the factory. I can't find anything wrong with the bridge, pickups, or anything like that. It's just an over all beautiful guitar. I wish I had gotten a different coloring, but 'young and naive' I guess.

This guitar, a Fender American Stratocastor, was made in 1982. It has 22 frets, with a standard neck. Mohogany neck wood. Solid black finish with a white pick guard. Strat body style. Tele-syle bridge. Active electronics. One volume knob, two tone knobs. 5 pickup selections.