American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Indonesia!

Sound is amazing, even through the somewhat crummy Peavey Blazer 158 40watt amp that I run it through. My music style is christian, rock and a little blues, and this sounds amazing, especially clean with blues. I have no idea why many people bash this guitar as being not so suited for distortion and even metal, as when I run this with my Boss Metal Zone distortion this distorted tones are fantastic, and biting, making leads sound amazing. I intend, though, to put in a Seymour Duncan hot rail at the bridge just to add a little more sustain, but for personal preference rather than essentiality. A fantastic sounding guitar, truly versatile and well worth the cash.

This guitar is a great, versatile match for my style of music. I have no regrets at all! If it were stolen, I would sit around and pout for abit, then go out and buy the exact same guitar. To all those Who are considering this guitar, go get it!

It will definitely withstand live playing. I am overly energetic when playing and this thing works perfectly. Even better, it is not very heavy, suiting my shoulders better! The strap buttons are huge, they should not fail me in a gig. I am sure I can depend on it, but I do not use guitars in gigs without backups, just a policy of mine. The finish has not worn off even through hard playing, although since it is black it shows everything, my fault as I chose the color.

This was setup in california, and is great, apart from slight fret buzz on the 6th string, which I guess I will check again. Pickups were perfectly adjusted and the fretboard feels brilliantly smooth. It would be a 10, but 9 only due to the fret buzz.

Made in USA Fender American Stratocaster in black with maple neck. Has a 5-way selector with 2 tone and 1 volume controls. 3 Fender Strat single coil pickups. Came with a generous helping of accessories, including a Fender deluxe hard case, a cable, a whammy bar for the tremolo, and bunch of funny stickers, and all. Very well furnished.