American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

I like to play alot of blues and rock like Eric Clapton, SRV, AC/DC, Pink Floyd etc and the Strat handles it beautifully. It doesn't stop there, this guitar is so versatile you can get alot of sounds out of it. I've played this guitar through a Marshall MG50DFX and though the amp isnt a favourite of mine this guitar still sounds excellent. I have played it through other amps and have heard it at it's best and you can't beat it's sound. The pickups are good and the guitar has a real bright, clean tone when the bridge pickup is selected and a warmer full tone when the neck is selected. This guitar's sound and versatility is incredible.

I own and Epiphone LP and this guitar is my favourite by far. It handles all styles of music I play and looks the part aswell. If anything ever happened to this guitar I would buy it again for sure.

I haven't played the guitar live, but I have No Doubt it would handle it with ease. It's a sturdy instrument that feels solid and well made. I would have no worries about playing live without a backup with this guitar. It has a durable finnish and only minor cosmetic flaws have resulted from playing it for over a year everyday (I clean it regularly though). The strap buttons are also fine.

The guitar came to me in perfect nick with out needing any thing done to it except for a loose cable input nut witch is easily fixed with a wrench. The action was nice and there were no flaws on the guitar at all. The neck was straight and smooth and it was clear that a lot of detail had been put into the guitar. Overall it came to me in perfect condition, but I had to tighten a few minor things and it was good to go.

This guitar was made in 2005 at the Corona, CA factory. It features a non veneered Alder body with a sunburst finnish, maple neck, 22 medium-jumbo frets, 3 custom staggered alnico 5 single coil pickups, 1 volume, 2 tonem 5-way switch and 2 point synchronized tremolo with stainless saddles bridge. The guitar also came with a free Fender hardcase with stickers, cables, allen keys, truss rod adjustments wrenches and saddle height adjustment wrench, polishing cloth and guitar strap.