American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

I play blues and reggae mostly, but also dabble in hard rock (use my Gibson for that though). Hello? this is a Strat so it fits EVERY musical style. Play this thing through a pair of Fender Pro Juniors along with an Electro-Harmonix The Worm, DB-01 Crybaby From Hell, Dallas Arbiter Fuzzface, Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver, and an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb. The guitar has single coil pickups so yes it is noisy when you stand near the tv or the amp or something. but that is with all single coils. no hum on positions 2 and 4 seeing as the middle pickup is reverse wound reverse polarized. the bridge pickup is very sharp and bright, the middle pickup is softer and not as annoying (hardly use it by itself), and the neck pickup is bell like and very sweet. I like position 2 (bridge and middle) with the tone rolled off the whole way and some creamy overdrive. This guitar can make any sound you want unless you want something that doesnt't sound anything like a guitar. I'll give it an 8 because it buzzes.

I already listed my styles of music. This is a good match for everything that anyone can play. I've been playing for 7 years and I also own a Gibson SG Standard and an Ovation something or other that I inherited from my uncle that I use live. I have other guitars, but I don't use them as much, so I'm not gonna bother listing them. If I lost this guitar, I would buy another Strat, but I might favor an Eric Clapton Signature because I really like the active circuitry. Although I wish this had a maple neck instead of a rosewood one, I bought it based on the feel, so I'm not disappointed in it. I compared this to other stratocasters and telecasters along with other knock off versions. The main reason that I bought this guitar was the price and the fact that it just felt right. Nothing I wish that it had. In fact, I took off the tremolo arm because it got in the way so I wish it didn't have the arm at all.

I have played this guitar many many times live and it is a tank. Hardware looks great and it will last, the strap buttons were strap-lock ready and very solid. I never gig without a second guitar but I use different guitars for different things. The Strat would be fine by itself, and it's not like I have another Strat sitting there in case something happens. I rely heavily on it. As I said before, this finish still looks brand new which perturbs me because I wish it would wear off a little to get a bit more resonance and my personal touch but whatever.

I have no idea how well the guitar was set up at factory because I got it 7 years after it was set up. The action is nice, low enough for my taste, but if you play metal and want to shred it could be a little lower. Pickups were at the proper height and the top was fine along with the bridge. I honestly cannot find anything wrong with this guitar. I bought this guitar and it looked Brand New then and it still does and I've been playing it for a year. I kinda wish the finish would wear down a little bit but I know that will come with more time.

American Stratocaster built in 1998, and I bought it used in 2005. 22 frets, blah blah you can read the other reviews if you want all the exact specs. The body is made of alder like almost all strats and the neck is maple with a rosewood cap. It has a Purple Metallic finish and before y'all make fun of me for buying a purple guitar it's Not about the look! It's about the feel and the sound! Has the tremolo with the two-point bridge and standard electronics. The only thing that came with this guitar was a molded case.