American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: eBay

I mainly play thrash metal, so you may think I picked the wrong guitar, but with the right amp you could sound like Metallica. I use a Randall RG75 amplifier and select the second overdrive channel (with full contour ). The guitar's natural tone is very bright and full (ideal for solos). It has limitless posibilities, with the right settings any kind of music can be achieved.

I wouldn't say it entirely matches my style of music, but hey, nothing's perfect. If it were to get stolen the possibilities of me bying it again are 50/50. I love the quality of the sound. It's excellent. The look is a bit boring, but you've got to love that jeweled headstock. I chose this guitar over an ESP because of it's reputation. Sure wish it had humbuckers.

This Strat can take just about anything. The hardware looks very reliable, the strap buttons may need some adjusting though. The finish is definately going to last IF you take GOOD care of it. Wipe it clean after every time you play. When it comes to Live playing this guitar is extremely dependable. I would use it at a gig with no backup but not just yet. It takes some time to get used to.

The way this guitar is put together is truly amazing. No flaws at all. The hardware, the tuning pegs, the wood and the pickup selector, all top quality.

It's a 60th Anniversary American Stratocaster, made in the USA. Features include rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets, original alder body shape and a C- shaped maple neck. Three American Vintage '57 single coil pickups (middle pickup is reverse wound to cancel the hum. Comes with an American two-point synchronized tremolo. Mine also came with a hard case (which is more comfortable than my bed) a strap and a noiseless cable. Controls are master volume and two tone knobs. Unfortunately the tuners are non-locking but still great.