American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Price paid: € 1250

Purchased from: Huigens Totaal Music

At this moment, I owe 4 electric guitars, but this one is absolutely my favorite! The Strat suits my music style perfectly, I like to play some funk, blues and rock, and this guitar can do it all, when I play it through my Marshall JCM2000 stack. I like the sound of the single coil pickups, but they can be a bit shrill at the bridge position. Although this is not such a problem for me, cause I mostly use the neck pickup, some people may not like it. The pickups produce some noise when you add some gain, but it has a noise cancelling circuit when you use the "2nd" and the "4th" position.

I play funk, rock and blues, and this guitar suits those styles perfectly, although sometimes with the heavier stuff, I think humbuckers do a better job. I have been playing for 3 years now, and I have this guitar in my possesion for two years, we're inseparable! If this guitar was stolen, I would cry, I would cry and then I would rush over to the music store to get me a new one, I can't do without it, I just love it, and it will be my guitar that I will use the most for I think all my life to come.

YES! This guitar whitstands live playing. In the meantime I have formed a band, and I ALWAYS use this guitar when we are gigging. The hardware is all good, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, it never fails me. I sure can depend on it, I use it without a backup, just because I know this guitar won't fail me, it's that good. The finish is good, I have this guitar now for two years, and although there some scratches from lots of playing, the finish is still intact.

When i played it, it immediatly felt good, it also looked superb. When i took it out of the case i couldn't see any flaws in the paint. The pickups were nicely adjusted, the bridge was on the body (that was some sort of a dissapointment, but i could get it in position soon enough), and i needed to change the action a bit, so it played a little better for me. All in all the guitar was in good shape when i got it out of its case the first time, except for the bridge and the action.

I owe a Fender American Standard 2008 Stratocaster, so it's more the new stuff for me, with the new finish and all. It has 22 Jumbo Frets, a fine rosewood neck with an alder body and, according to me, a super 3tone sunburst finish. It has got a floating bridge and you can equip a whammy bar on it, very cool indeed. The guitar has one volume knob and two tone knobs, a five way switch, and came with a new molded Fender case, a strap, a cable, some stickers, some keys, some tools and a little cloth to clean it.