American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

For my Blues/Rock influence, the american Strat is a perfect fit. It has a nice bite when you play it and sounds fantastic clean, although it can be strained playing with extremely heavy distortion (a la metal) due to the nature of the single coil pickups. However, it sounds great with everything else.

For playing 3 years and my blusey influences, this guitar is a dream. If it were stolen I would be heartbroken and hopefully (money doesn't grow on trees!) be able to buy another. on the down side, you don't get much sustain due to the bolt-on neck and the single coil pickups don't play metal as well as a jackson, esp, or even a les paul. but for me, this guitar is perfect

This guitar, being 9 years old has already taken some dings and dents, but it still plays great. I have and will continue to play gigs without a backup guitar.

On this guitar, the action is set up pretty well, (it was for me), although having bought it from a private seller I can't say much for the factory defaults. but the finish is triburst and looks good, nothing wrong with the set-up in any way.

I have a 2001 American Standard Stratocaster, With a Rosewood fingerboard. All features are standard, including the 3 single coil pickups and 5-way selector.