American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

I play a lot of Jimi Hendrix and Stevie Ray Vaughn. And this guitar suits both of their songs perfectly. I use it with the 15 watt Vox Valvetronix amp. And the tones I get whether its clean or distorted, its always phenomenal. You hear ever note crisp and clear.

If this guitar was lost or stolen, I would definately go out and get the same guitar. It would have to be the 2010 model though, because i really like the hardware on this one. The only other one I would consider buying is the 57' reissue strat. That is also a real piece of art. But for now I don't even think about it getting lost or stolen, that would just make me depressed. I love this guitar more than anything, and i recommend everybody to try it out.

Ive been playing this guitar for about eight months now continously, and its still looks brand new. The gloss finish on the neck is perfect so that the wood never wears down. The finish on the body is solid and will be there for a very long time. Keep in mind, I treat this guitar like a baby, but even still if I ever dropped it, I think it could take a beating. But that would be really hard to do because the strap buttons are also very solid (unlike the Les Pauls).

The set up from the factory was perfect. Unlike the B.C. Rich Master Metal Warlock guitar that I bought (one of the biggest mistakes of my musical career). The action is perfect, the pickups are perfect, the neck is alligned perfectly, what more can you ask for.

Its a 2010 American Standard Strat with the 3 shade tobacco sunburst. It has the maple neck with 22 jumbo frets. It also came with a Fender 10 Ft. cable, the whammy bar and also a fantastic modeled to fit hard case that is waterproof and very durable. It is also very light weight, which is good when you are on stage.