American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Purchased from: Sam Ash Brooklyn, NY

The sound that comes out of this thing is amazing. The tonal possibilities are endless. The singles coil pickups are great. The neck pickup is great for a lead tone, extremely rich. The bridge pickup has that great Fender twang. This is an extremely versatile guitar. You can play all kinds of rock and blues. Even metal (with a pedal), although for metal a humbucker would be better, so you can but an H/S/S or H/H Strat.

I love this guitar. If you like blues, lite rock, rock, hard rock, punk, grunge etc. this guitar will work well. This goes great with my Fender Blues Jr. although it's play well through solid-state amps too, if that's your thing. If this were stole I'd probably buy it again. The price is about 1k USD (I got it on sale for 850), which is not cheap but this guitar is worth every penny. The neck and body are just perfect. You can play for hours.

This guitar can definitely be thrown around. The paint may be thin but the body itself is extremely durable. My friend dropped his down the stairs and it plays just as good (this is not recommended however). The strap buttons seem to be good although I've only had this guitar for a little over a month now. Very dependable guitar.

The action on this guitar was perfect from the the box. I tried it out in the shop. The clerk tuned it up and it was ready to go. Everything was adjusted perfectly. The finish is thin however. This does allow the guitar to resonate better but at the same time the paint is more likely to chip. Also the fretboard has a nice gloss finish which gives it a great Vintage look.

This guitar was made in 2008. It's a new line of Strats boasting the American Standard name. Just as the name implies it was made in America, more specifically in Corona, California. It has 22 medium jumbo frets. 25.5" scale and I think is a C Shape neck although I could be wrong. It fits in my hand very well though. The body is solid Alder. There are many different color options, I got mine in Olympic White (because I'm a Hendrix fanatic). I think it's a Nitrocellulose finish which means it will yellow after a while, but I think it just makes it look cool and Vintage. 2-point American tremolo, 5-way selector and one volume and 2 tone knobs, typical Strat stuff. 3 single coil pickups. Also there is a hard shell case which basically allows you to throw your Strat down the stairs. There is also a cable and strap included.