American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Price paid: € 880

Purchased from: Feedback Rotterdam

It suits my music style perfectly. I mostly play John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton etc. The sounds that come out of this guitar are (IMO) perfect for this style(blues/rock), so if you're also a fan of this type of music, this is a must-try guitar. I'm using a crappy Rok Axe 50 watt amp, a DigiTech GNX 3 and a Vox Satchurator. When I'm using my Stratocaster, I use a Fender Blackface pre-amp on my GNX (for the nice cleans). I also use a tubescreamer modulation (GNX) for some SRV shuffles and when I'm soloing, I use a combination of that + my Satchurator, which gives it a nice, warm bass-boost (when used properly) and it's a tone heaven for me!

As I mentioned before, I mostly play blues/rock, and I don't think I hace to tell that it's a perfect match. I have been playing guitar since I was 7, so that's 8 years now, and this guitar is by far the best guitar I've ever heard. I own 4 electric guitars (Ibanez RG 350 EX, Dean EVO XM, Caliber JCK and this Fender), and my Fender is really my showpiece. If it were stolen, I really wouldn't know what to do, but if I ever saw the jackass who stole it, I would stick my Dean's neck in his a... nevermind. I just love it, and I will NEVER sell it.

I'm pretty sure this guitar will withstand live playing. It looks solid and it feels solid. I do use 2 guitars when I play live, but that's just because I use an HSH Ibanez for Satriani stuff, and my Stratocaster for the other songs, so I don't really have a back-up, but I'm confident that this guitar won't bring a lot of trouble. I'm planning to replace the strap buttons with strap locks. Not because they're weak, but I don't want to take a risk. I'm only 15 years old, so 880 is a lot of money for me. The finish looks to last for a while, but I don't care. A new-looking Strat is awesome but so is a relic Strat.

I bought the guitar at Feedback Rotterdam. They set it up for me, and the action wasn't perfect, but that wasn't a factory flaw. The rest of the guitar was perfect. The pickups were adjusted good, and the guitar didn't have major flaws, only a few scratches from the previous owner.

This guitar is a 2007 American made Standard Stratocaster. Rosewood fretboard, C-shape neck, 22 frets and a 2 points tremolo. The body is an alder body and the guitar is equipped with 3 American Standard single coils. I bought this guitar used, so it didn't come with a case.