American Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: American Stratocaster

Price paid: € 1198

Purchased from: Keymusic

I play mostly blues and classic rock/metal. Sometimes also a little metal la Metallica. I am using this guitar with the Fender Champion 600 amp that came with it togheter with Amplitube software and it sounds awesome! This guitar, togheter with the amp and the software suits my style perfectly. With some creativity you can get any sound out of this guitar, from a mellow clean tone, to a midrangy crunch to a heavy dropmid distortion! The only negative point I can find about this guitar is the noise. Due to its single coil pickups, when using only one pickup, it has a little bit of hum, not a lot but it's hearable. But apart from that, its sound is terrific!

As I said before, it matches my style of music perfectly. I have been playing for 3-4 years and I own a Roland Cube 60, a Fender Champion 600, amplitube software and I have owned an Epiphone Les Paul 100. Togheter with the champion amp and amplitube, this guitar is wicked, and compared to my old Epiphone, it is the holy grail! If it was stolen, I would track the guy down, get my guitar back and would drill him anally with a cactus.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty confident that it will stand a Live performance. The strap button is solid and it doesn't look like it is going to fall apart suddenly. I really think you can depend on it without any backup, but to perfectly honest, I would have no choice because I've sold my old electric guitar. I heave this guitar for 3 months now, so I could tell if the finish would wear off easily, but if it did, I wouldn't be borthered;-)

The guitar was setup pretty wel at the factory, and I haven't changed the setup ever since. I only experienced some rattling noise of my strings in the beginning, but I think that's normal with a Brand New set of strings. Another little flaw I've experienced where the tone knobs. Strangely enough, you can turn them in the wrong direction (when at maximum, you kan keep turning them up). It doesn't affect your tone but it is quite irritating if you do this by mistake.

My very personal Stratocaster was made in the USA (like duh!)in 2008. It has 22 jumbo frets, a rosewood fingerboard and a maple neck. It has got an alder body in a typical black finish. The bridge is a Strat-style floating bridge, which is diffirent from the older models. The guitar is equipped with one volume knob and 2 tone knobs, and ofcourse the typical 5-way selector Switch. It has 3 alnico-5 passive single coil pickups. Lastly, the guitar has stock Fender non-locking tuners. It came with a Fender hardcase, a cable, a strap, some other tools and a Fender Champion 600 all-tube amp.