American Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: American Telecaster

This guitar has an amazing sound, the strings don't buzz, it is definetly not loud, and I use this guitar with a 30 watt Fender Champion tube amp. This guitar is good for any style, except maybe for hard rock and metal. I also use a Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah-wah pedal, and it sounds great with that, and I have built in effects on my amp. I play metal, and the distortion is really thin on the bridge, so I just changed the bridge pickup to a seymour duncan hot rails pickup. Other then that, the guitar sounds amazing.

This guitar is a great guitar, one of the best Fender guitars. I really like the feel of this guitar, and it is good for just about any style of playing.

This guitar is great for live playing. The hardware is great. You could use this guitar only, but I bring a backup just in case a string breaks. This guitar is only a little heavy.

This guitar is american, so you know it was set up very well. Everything was put in nicely, and there were know flaws that were clear to see.

This is guitar was ok with its features: 22 medium frets, one tone control, a pickup Switch, and a volume knob. I really like the Telecaster shape though, it's very comfortable. This guitar has two pickups, a single coil in the bridge, and a twisted single coil in the neck.

danielrobbyshor wrote: you can pick up a standard Tele for 289 now. mexican made, but still, its a Fender
    So i guess you buy guitars just for the name
    KerNeL_KLuTcH
    Got the black one with maple fretboard, it's so amazing, put the dist on and stairway to heaven solo is perfect sounding. (Jimmy Page used a tele on the recording fyi). also works great for metal, and pretty much everything, the people who say you need humbuckers for metal probably never heard of Tom Morello
    m2dad
    I have a 76 American Standard Strat, and 86 Les Paul Classic. I just picked up a 2005 American Standard Telecaster. By far the best neck I have ever played on. It is all maple and feels like butter. Is so smooth as I go up and down the neck, and I never catch on a fret. The sound is amazing. I play classic rock, pop, country, and everything in between. I should have bought this guitar first. I can't rave about it enough. Bought on Ebay for just under $800 (U.S.).
    ztikmaen
    I tried this guitar out today at the shop through a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. This thing goes so well with it! Extreme bell like sounds in the neck pickup when you're playing at about 12-15th fret. This thing is so versatile but simple! I might just get one. I compared it to a Fender American Deluxe and they compared really quite fairly!
    blue-note
    I love mine,I bought mine new.One of the few guitars i didn't have to take in and get set-up.Action was great.I have a Les Paul and a Strat too.I like this the best
    yoojee-er
    A lot of people say the tele is one of the ugliest guitars yet it has an 8.7 on features.
    srvkicks@$$
    why is it that those who havent played a fender that isnt above the MIM fender think they really suck but those who have played a fender say that theyare perfectly fine if not incredible guitars
    Coldmystery
    sweep : telecaster are just too expensive i'll have to get a ibanez instead, they're way more affordable. but i'd still prefer a tele. Teles are too expensive? Every company carries a guitar around this price range. But just as you can buy 500 dollar ibanez guitars you can buy 500 dollar fender.
    irock519
    im still wonderin if i should get the strat or tele... ill hafta to play them to figure it out i just started playing but i play all the genres both the guitars are recommended for.
    FooFighter1927
    i just bought a fender telecaster american standard yesterday and it amazing. i'm glad that first review said that if you have a les paul and a telecaster then you will never need another guitar because those are the two i have now i just have to make 70 dollar payments every month for 15 months.
    sweep
    JPageZeppelin
    all around a good guitar... if u know uur gonna stick with guitar and are wondering if it is worth the money YES IT IS... my friend has one and hes very good now 2 years later.... its been through a lot and its still amazing i love the sound and amazin action
    will-loves-zep
    BluesGuitar23 wrote: yea, how much usually is this?
    i got a friend to get me 1 on holiday in america and i paid him 500 but here than go for about 700-800
    will-loves-zep
    well i've had it for 2 years and i use it for my main guitar ahead of my ltd m-200fm. it sounds great for most musical types cept for maybe death metal where u need more 'mea' but you can really get this to grunt like a beast. use it for rock,funk,indie,hard rock etc
    Irish2009
    im leaning towards a little bit of a punk/rock sound. i really enjoy the classics from ac/dc to the clash/to hendrix. But i like everything would this be a good guitar?
    bawbaw
    i ve only ever owned acoustic/electrics- reckon this would be a good introduction to electrics?
    roxorzroxz
    i picked one up at a music store and started playing it i was surprised i loved the sound of it (i play mostly classic rock) and it was perfect... i have to say its not a very good looking guitar but it has a very good sound that comes with those two pick ups i want one now
    Antzzang
    excellent guitar as soon as i saw that telecaster i've fell in love with it. It's simple yet elegant and it gets the job done great. I don't know why people bash telecasters. It's a beautiful guitar.
    TotalyHAB
    i just played one today and i play alot of blues and metal i also love to sweep pick and shred and i thought it sounded amazing, good guitar guys im gonna get one!!!
    KerNeL_KLuTcH
    picklepopcikle wrote: cool. been lookin at the mexi tele, whats the difference to this one?
    the mexi has a shit finish on the neck and non alnico pickups and no super awesome case, and the writing on the headstock is different. that's the only differences that i know of.