American Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: American Telecaster

Purchased from: guitar guitar

Twangy and sparkly in the bridge position, the classic Telecaster tone. subdued and gentle sound when in the neck position, which is nice for playing clean rhythms. middle position is an amalgamation of both which sounds like a higher output sound similar to the neck. I play a lot of punk rock and rock so the pick up configuration made it difficult to recreate a rich fat sound like a humbucker so I replaced the bridge pickup for a Seymour Duncan hot rails for tele. unfortunately my guitar doesnt't sound like a Telecaster anymore but it suits my playing a lot better. a surprisingly customisable guitar, I could probably drop a high quality single coil (bare knuckle piledriver or an SD quarter pounder) in the neck to get the sparkle back. one last thing it has to offer is that you can Switch the tone control off by turning it all the way down, it gives a really funky sound (I don't use it) but really adds versatility.

I play punk rock (through a Marshall jcm200 dsl201) so I swapped out the bridge pickup. I think if you had a lot of equipment at your disposal (pedals etc) this guitar with it's Standard pickups could do anything. I've been playing 2 years and I will never buy another guitar, I've had this 2 months and it's precious. if you want a guitar that you will never replace then buy this. in all honesty I got this because I had little choice, I just wanted a tele shape with a humbucker in the bridge and nothing else. I love the shape and it was the only style of guitar I was gonna buy after I first saw one. I'll have this guitar for life and it might have been a sin to swap the bridge pickup (I kept the old one incase I have a musical epiphany) but I've got my dream guitar now and there's not many people can say that. And if I lost it, well, I'd be straight back to guitar guitar and asking for another!

Its a solid body and being an american made Fender it's probably gonna last. I'd gig with no back up, it will not fail. 50 years in production and the design has barely changed, it's already stood the test of time. I saw 4 original 60s teles on ebay the other day and a 50s esquire, bulletproof. A worthwhile investment cause the value just goes up.

Perfect. I have replaced the bridge pickup and strings since getting it but when I took it out of the case for the first time it was flawless, the colour itself is just amazing and everything just feels right sitting in your hands. The neck is a dream to play. the tone control is slightly loose but I tightened it up with a half turn of a screwdriver so that was good aswell.

An '08 american Standard Telecaster. Left handed and in the colour blizzard pearl (gorgeous). 22 jumbo frets, hand rolled finger board edges, satin finished neck, Standard Fender tuners, Standard tele bridge, 1 volume one control, 1 tone control, 2 Fender single coil pickups. Came in a Fender hard case with a strap, guitar lead and toolkit.