American Telecaster Plus review by Fender

Fender: American Telecaster Plus

Purchased from: eBay

This suits everything I feel like playing. I play blues, funk, jazz, rock, and so forth. Currenly, I'm running this through a Vox AC30 reissue, Retrosonic TS 808, Boss Rv-3, Demeter Tremulator, MXR Phase 90, and Boss TU-2. This thing go from twang to bang. The sound spectrum of this guitar is large. You have access to 7 pickup selections as well as total control from your TBX nob.

I play lots of different styles of music, and have done so on several different guitars. This guitar is a showboater and likes to steal the spotlight. If this were lost, I'd cry. If someone stole it, I'd have no problem justifying murder.

This guitar will last forever with proper care.

This guitar is setup perfectly for me. Action is extremely low with plenty of truss room. This is the straightest neck I"ve ever played on. Pickups are setup as close to the strings as possible for maximum optimization. This guitar contained some finish swirls, but this is a 92 so it is to be expected.

1992 American, 22 Frets, Swamp Ash with a Transparent Honey Blonde Finish, Maple Neck with Rosewood fingerboard "C" shaped, HardTail bridge, Volume, TBX Tone Treble-Mid-Bass, 3-Way Selector, 3-Way Mini Toggle, Single Coil Blue Lace Sensor Pickup in the neck, Dually Red Lace sensor Humbucker in the Bridge, original Telecaster Plus case, and some brand of tuners. I'm unaware of what brand they are; however, they're stock and work perfectly. My guitar rarely loses tune. I give a 9 here because the neck isn't totally perfect for me. I have long fingers so I find the neck a bit small sometimes.

Brayden690
    I walked in to a now long closed Sydney music store in about 1996. I had no intention of buying a guitar; I was just on my way to work. I saw a tobacco burst Telecaster on the wall, had to play it, and once I played it, had to buy it. Best decision I've ever made. Best guitar I've owned.