Big Block Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Big Block Stratocaster

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Well I've always wanted a Strat with a humbucker. This is great because you can get the grunt from the humbucker then you can get the amazing Strat clean in the single-coils. When I brought it I ran it through my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it sounded amazing, I even ran it through my cousins little Crate practice amp and it still sounded great. It sounds great in the studio, my main band just finished recording an EP and I used it for all my tracks. We jst got the finished mixes and my guitar soars through with great tone.

I love it! It looks great, sounds great, feels great and kicks ass. If you aren't into traditional strats then you might like this, it's a contemporary twist on a classic and you can't go wrong. The best thing about this guitar is the fact that you can play any genre with it and not feel like a dick. It is so diverse, you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

I took this guitar on tour about a month ago and it held up amazingly, I took my Ibanez RG350EX as a backup just incase I broke a string or something of the sort but I didn't even need it. I replaced the strap buttons for Straploks when I got it just to ensure no dropping (we lads can go a bit nuts onstage). I will continue to use this guitar on tour and in the studio.

When I got the guitar I needed to tweak the action a little to get it more to my taste but I do enjoy a bit of the tech stuff so it wasn't a big deal for me. The pickups, bridge, tuners and everything were fine and still are. It is very comfortable to play, I could play a 3 hour gig and never feel uncomfortable playing it. The finish is awesome, as mentioned above I love the chrome hardware, it really sticks out on stage and adds that little bit extra to a Live performance (a good performer is always searching for little things to add to the presence).

This guitar is awesome! At the moment I am the lead guitarist in two bands, one playing Prog and the other alternative/metal. This is my main guitar, it suits them both very well. It is a Mexi Strat. The chrome hardware is awesome! The only part that annoys me is that I have to wipe down the body after playing it, after playing a two hour set you tend to get very hot and sweaty, it shows on the guitar. But that's the only thing and it is very minor. It looks great onstage too!