Classic '50s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '50s Stratocaster

I swapped out the stock pickups for Lace Sensors because this guitar is going to be my workhorse(since my other Strat is a cheap copy and sounds like shit) and the Lace Sensors are quietier than the stock pickups (the stock ones are awesome though but noisy). So far it suits my sound, it's bright but when I Switch to the Blue Lace Sensor it sounds nice and mellowish.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT it's the best guitar for what I paid for and if it were lost or stolen I'll probably be beyond "P.O"ed. I also own an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and I think I like the neck on the Strat better. I wished it came with Lace Sensors to begin with but hey not a problem.

It withstands my live playing when I'm at church and my Gorilla punch strumming so it's good. I installed straplocks because they add a certain flair to it but that's just me. I would depend on it but the old saying goes: if you take of your guitars it will take care of you.

The Sweetwater guys set up my guitar for free and man did they set it up, no buzzing (except when I strum hard), pickups adjusted very good, and the tremolo system is blocked (requested it for tuning stability). The neck finish is just beautiful, looks better than those bleach blonde necks of the Standard strats. The black paint looks good too but like I said I'm going to paint it white later and have a black pickguard installed.

What I have is a Black Strat, I originally wanted the 2 tone sunburst but I'm planning to paint over the black with white paint. It has 21 frets, Made In Mexico, Alder body, One Piece Maple neck, and I don't know about the rest. When I walked into Sweetwater I told the guy that I wanted a Standard Strat but then when he was showing me the Standard Strats I saw the black 50s model and I feel in love with the look. It came with a gigbag.