Classic '50s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '50s Stratocaster

Purchased from: Electro Music

I play rock, blues and stuff of that kind, and at first I was a bit worried that the pickups wouldn't be good quality enough to deal out a nice clean sound through my line6 spider IV 30 as it is only a practice amp, and as I bought them at the same time I took a risk and didn't try them out as a combination, but I neednt have worried. Between the two, I can get any sound I need or want out of them, gives particularly good clean twangy and Frusciante-like sounds. Bit of background hum, but is cancelled out with the Spiders noise gate. Played through my friends Orange Tiny Terror it sounds ok, but it realy excels through the Marshall stacks at my local music shop.

Fits my style perfectly, can make passable es335-like sounds, but not suited to heavy gain or distortion particularly well, which I only usually use when soloing. Sounds great for the price, I have owned three cheaper guitars and this is comfortably better than any of them. My only problem is the colour, at first I ordered the colour because I loved the fiesta red, but over time I liked it less and less, and now wish I'd have got the sunburst one. Great guitar!

Haven't gigged on it yet, but has been extensively played, about 2 hours a day for 6-7 months and hasent broke at all, the pickguard has warped a bit, but that is down to my aggressive strumming style. I play standing up at band practices and jams, and the strap buttons haven't let me down, yet. But they seem solid enough, and I will only put strap locks on when I have spare cash and nothing else to buy for my setup.

It came with a decent enough action and perfect pickup height, but I got a free professional setup with it and as a result the action has been changed to fit my style perfectly, the strings were okay but after about 6 months I changed them to super slinkys, which made it even better to play, from all my friends who have played it I have recieved only positive comments about the action and pickup heights. The finish was flawless and having owned it for about 6 months has only one small chip in it through my carelessness, but it did have a small blemish on the back where the neck meets the body, it had worn slightly. Everything else, pretty much perfect.

Its a 2010 model, made in mexico. It has 21 Jumbo frets on a One piece Maple neck and fretboard, Vintage lacquered but not too heavy so still kinda course. It has an Alder body with a decent thickness of Polyurethane paint in a light Fiesta Red. Suits my style of playing down to the ground.

charles.mayer.1
    this is a copy of a 50's strat,the single layer pickguard is correct..this guitar is not made for distortion pedals,,but they do work well.. stop complaining,,and learn to play first...to many complainers on here..if you want to shred get something else you little pud suckers