Classic '70s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '70s Stratocaster

I play rock and metal so I personally like the thin neck and singlecoil sound. I play it through a Vintage V30G 75-watt and a Drive CD100 19-watt with a Zoom 505#2 and it sounds very good. But just in case I'm buying a Marshall MG100HDFX.

Like I said I play rock and metal, so strangely it suits perfectly although the bad thing is there is only 21 frets? Hey but don't fear it kicks ass compared to my Les Paul Copy (SX). I've been playing guitar for a year and my gear is old Vintage VG30 and a Zoom 505#2 effects pedal. If it was stolen I would definately buy it again, that or a Gibson LP Standard.

I don't know about live playing because I never played live before. I don't need to go into the details about how good everything on this guitar is.

The only problem I could see was that the tremolo was to loose and if I used normal gauge strings it would raise up pretty high, but I managed to fix it.

It's a reissue and made in Mexico with 21 frets and a thin neck. My fingerboard is rosewood but also comes in maple. It's a laminated top, body is made from alder and the neck is maple. Lovely natural finish it has a Vintage tremolo with active. Basic Strat 5-way selector with 1 volume and 2 tone. Free gig-bag and allen key.