Classic '70s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '70s Stratocaster

Purchased from: little shop behind the corner

I play mostly blues, classic rock, some hard rock and shred. The pickups are very versatile and will give you that classic Strat sound (like SRV, Eric Clapton, RCHP, Jimi Hendrix), there's a little hum if you select 1 pickup at 1 time, but that's with every single coil guitar. In combination with my Roland Cube 30, you can play everything from, country to hard rock, from reggae to punk, from blues to classic rock. I wouldn't recommend any Strat for heavy metal though (but I put a Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the bridge though so now I can play everything).

As I said, the instrument can handle every music style there is. If I lost it, I surely would buy another one. I compared it with an ordinary Mexican Strat and this one just kills, (better looks, sexy head stock and pups, better playability, better trem). Just buy this guitar if you have the chance.

As I said before, the guitar is as strong as a rock, the hardware will last a very long time, the strap buttons are very solid. And I would surely use it on a gig without a backup.

My guitar was in almost perfect condition when I got it, nice low (but not too low) action, the action of my high e string was lower than the rest though, but I think the shop did that, also, If you hit the low E string to hard, it sometimes (rarely) slips out of the fretboard, also, my bridge also worked only with 0.009 and 0.008 because the springs in the bridge were too loose, and the bridge was rising if you put 0.010's on but again, the shop might have done that.

My guitar has 21 frets wich is standard for a Strat, people say that 21 isn't enough but shred and stuff didn't exist back in the '70s, it has an unbreakable alder body (dropped it a million times and it only has 1 tiny dent in the back), it has a perfect very loose brige great for all the whammy work and it stays in tune very well. It has 3 single coils, 1 volume control, 2 tone controls and a 5-way Switch.