Classic '70s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '70s Stratocaster

Purchased from: MusicKey, Gladsaxe, Denmark

Well, I play a lot of funk, and the Strat is just perfect for that! It got that little bit of a crunchy sound I love! I bought a Vox Valvetronix AD30 along with it, and even though it's small, it makes just the sound I need for practising home. I also play a big deal of rock, which is also seems perfect for doing! and if you better like the sound of a Tele, well then just play a little with the pickup-Switch and the treble and bass knobs and you're there!

My overall impression of this guitar is just: "Wow!". It's the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen, and the best sounding. But I think it's a love or hate situation you got! Maybe you love the crunchy sound of a Strat, maybe not. I suggest you go down to you local shop and try some guitars of, but sure let the Strat be the first! I actually compared to a lot of others the week is was going to buy my guitar, Gibsons and many other models. But after trying all these, I had no choice, I just had to get a '70 Strat! I've been playing for around 2 years now, and it still suits all my needs. and if it was stolen, robbed or in any other way taken from me, sure I would invest in a new!

You gotta treat your guitar well, but even if you don't this guitar will make it! I once dropped it down from like head-height (not on purpose of course) but it didn't get a single scratch, well of course I had to retune, but I think that's pretty normal.

Well, my finish isn't the most rock 'n roll look you can get, but I still love it, and it got a lot of stickers on it. I bought it from a local shop Who got a very good customer service, so I was down there some times playing around on different guitars, but this was the one. So I ordered it, and it came all the way from the Netherlands! But it didn't contain a single flaw, and it was an out-of-the-box experience I've never tried before!

My Strat, is the first guitar I've ever bought. It was made in Mexico, with a beautiful finish! The body is made of natural rosewood, and the fretboard of maple, which gives a very nice look. The techs is pretty Standard: 3 single coil Vintage pickups, 5 modes for the pickup Switch. It's the best guitar I've ever owned.