Classic '70s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '70s Stratocaster

Price paid: C$ 300

Purchased from: pawn shop

I mainly play classic rock, punk rock, pop, blues, jazz and pretty much any kind of music. This guitar is a great guitar for any style. It has a bit of a Vintage twang to it which is really good. I find it sounds better than today's American standards. You can get a very smooth clean sound on it, or you can get a very distorted sound on it which I usually use.

Personally, I think this is the best guitar I've owned. I've had some Gibsons and American Fender's but this is my favourite one out of all of them I play through a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack Package. And I play through a Line 6 Spider 2 and one of those mini Marshall stack that are like10 inches high. I think it sounds best In a Marshall. If I lost this guitar I would look for it. I just love this guitar. My favourite feature is the headstock, I just can't get enough of those 70's headstocks. I wish it had a more white finish and that the pickups were alpine white. This is gonna be my main guitar if I ever become a guitarist in some crazy band. Even when I'm too old to play guitar. It will be hanging over my mantle in my house.

I don't play that many gigs or anything since I'm only 14, but I'm sure I could make this through a show. But I would probably have to tune it maybe once or none. The hardware will defiantly last, and from seeing other Japanese 70's reissues, the one I have is in great condition. I hope to be using this guitar still if I pursue a music career later on in life. The finish will last for sure. Might have a few wear spots, like on the back. I would defiantly buy strap locks for it though. The strap pegs are very small.

Since mine was a used guitar, I didn't experience any factory problems on it, however, since it's a 28 year old guitar. The pickup selector always made a buzz/crackle noise whenever I switched it. Sometimes the bottom part of the pickup would be louder than the top which was strange but I got that fixed. The finish was a bit yellower than I thought, the finish isn't the same white as the pickguard which is what I was hoping it would be like. The body is very great and smoothed out and made to fit you body. All the edges are rounded so your not rubbing your arm in sharper edges like Tele's and Les Pauls. I did get a few chunks and scratches on it but nothing major. Some of my nuts were rusted but they still held everything together. The bridge was solid and wasn't to loose. And it has a tremolo bridge on it. I didn't get a whammy bar with it, but that was because it was from a pawnshop and they probably would of made me pay for a whammy bar.the tunignheads were kind of stiff though.

My 70's reissue Stratocaster was made in Japan. The Japanese model was discontinued in 1986(mine is a 1985), but you can still find some used ones occasionally. I got mine as a Christmas gift though. I purchased mine in Olympic white with a rosewood Fret board. It has the 70's headstock which is my personal favourite headstock. It has the strip that goes up the back of the neck and the neck plate is triangular with the signature Fender F on it. The pickups are slightly yellowed to make it look more like a Vintage guitar. It has a bolt on neck and a 3 ply pick guard. The neck has dotted inlays and has 21 frets.You also get the Standard Fender gigbag that comes for free with every Fender guitar.