Classic '70s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic '70s Stratocaster

Purchased from: Used

If you like the Fender sound, but still want to be able to play guns n roses and the like, this guitar sounds awesome. With the Hot Rod (which is somehow a single-coil humbucker) you get the Les Paul tones and with the single-coils you get the clean and sweet sound of blues and whatever else you like. This all is exactly what I play, so to me it's god. I run it through a Vox AC15 CC1. The amp provides the guitar with the juicy sound it really needs, and gives lots of feedback for the single-coils too. The single-coils are rather quiet, but they give a great sound. The Hot Rod is actually really loud, so you shouldn't Switch too much between them when you're gigging. Anyway, the sound is great, and I highly recommend the HOT rod even if you don't have a Strat to play it through.

I play guns n roses, bon jovi, and almost anything from the 70's-80's. It's a really perfect match, being able to vary between single-coil and HB. I've been playing for 2, 5 years so I'm no expert but I reckon it fits about anyone who has a taste for guitars. Before this I owned a Behringer beginner's set. After having bought this I haven't used that crap any more. If this guitar got stolen I'd find the guy who did it, beat him up and get it back. Otherwise I'd set out to find another Stratocaster and get a Hot Rod for it. Absolutely love it. Only thing I wished it had would be a big humbucker for a noisier sound. I'd probably buy a P90. But that's in the future and for now I don't really miss a thing. I tried quiet a few guitar before buying this. The Gibson SG was like meh, I like the Strat above the tele, and I like it cheap, so I bought a Japanese. The American-made really is no better than this anyway; most of the day the Japs work the crap out of the Yanks.

This guitar is god. Don't need to say any more on this. But Ultimate-guitar has a barrier, so I need to write a bit more. I would definitely never need a backup to this, it seems not to yield to damage. There is however one place where the finish has worn off. This however is not an error on the guitar but a moron's mistake from a previous owner who must have struck a hammer or something onto the back of the neck. No biggie however and most of the time you don't even notice it.

This guitar is 14 years old, so of course it has a few dings. However, it is Japanese, and it is a Fender, so it definitely keeps going. I haven't had any problems at all with it, the dings are solely on the body. The hardware will hold till the day I die, I don't doubt that. What's rather odd however is that the tone knobs are adjusted for the pick-ups, so by example the top tone knob doesn't affect the sound of the middle pick-up. Don't know if it's supposed to be like that or if there's been someone mixturing with the wires.

I play a Japanese Fender Stratocaster 70's reissue. I bought it used about half a year ago, and it was made in 97 I think. The previous owner boosted the sound by adding a Seymour Duncan Hot Rod in the bridge, and an American Fender Vintage something between the other two. The guitar has 21 frets, and is really big around the neck. The frets are about medium sized. Don't know much about the material (don't know much about wood what'soever) so I can't tell you anything about that, except that it's really smooth to glide over. It has as almost any other Stratocaster 2 knobs for tone and one knob for volume. Also included is a five-way switch. When you buy this new the Fender Standard gigbag or whatever it's called is included.