Classic Player '50s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic Player '50s Stratocaster

Purchased from: dv247.com

I play rocky sort of stuff- Jimi Hendrix, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Muse. Suits my style and is extremely versatile- don't be put off by the fact that it is '50s' because I think this is just relating to it's looks (which are stunning). When the bridge pickup is selected you will get a clear, toneful (if that is a word) and Strat trademark sound. With the neck pickup is a wonderful mellow, deep and creamy sound- great for warm sorts of styles. The only slight problem is that this guitar is not so good for heavy metal. Punk- yes, rock- yes, blues- yes, funk- yes, grunge- yes! but not heavy metal.

Perfect guitar! extremely versatile, so long as you are not into extremely heavy metal and you like the Stratocaster looks, this is the guitar for you! I would definitely buy it again if it was lost or stolen. I Love everything about and there is nothing I hate about it! Bets feature? everything! It has anyone I would ever want in a guitar- it is like my companion.

I would never bother with a backup at a gig. I think this guitar will last me years, maybe my whole life! (I hope it does! ). The fretboard gleams amazingly and after 3 months of playing, it still looks band new. It would Definitely withstand Live playing, the hardware should last ages, the strap buttons are solid. The finish is good enough to last forever, and it will take a lot of playing for it to even start wearing off!

Definitely a well built guitar. Frets beautifully aligned, everything put together perfectly and a very solid feel. Don't be fooled if the pickups look funny- they have been designed by Fender custom shop so they will be great. Set up really well, pickups adjusted superb, properly bookmatched, properly routed bridge. No flaws!

Great guitar! This is a mexican made guitar but I don't think anyone would notice. 21 frets, shiny maple neck, original contour body, synchronized tremelo, volume, 2 tones and a 5-way selector, USA Vintage pickups and it comes with a nice gig bag. The Pickups, pickup selector and the tone and volumes controls have a gorgeous Vintage creamy colour to them!