Classic Player '60s Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic Player '60s Stratocaster

Purchased from: Fender

This Strat suits my music style very well. I like to play SRV and John Mayer, and this guitar is perfect for that kind of music! Very bright, especially with my Egnater Rebel 20 Head. It is fairly noisy, but you can always fix that with a noise suppressor pedal. It's a very versatile guitar, great for pretty much any style of music, clean or distorted!

I play classic rock, blues, and some metal. This guitar can handle all of them, including metal, pretty well. It handles blues the best in my opinion. I also own a Gibson Les Paul Classic With 3 Pickups, and an ESP M-103. If it were stolen/lost I would most definitely buy another one of these!!! I love how versatile and twangy it is, I don't like how harsh the bridge pickup can be sometimes though. I compared it to a bunch of other Strats, including an American, which sounded WAY too muddy compared to this Strat. This Strat is perfect for me, and I wouldn't change anything about it, and I am overall very glad I made this purchase!

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing. The hardware seems pretty good, I'm not going to change it unless I really have to, which I don't think I will for years. The strap buttons are pretty solid, however I did Switch them out for Strap Loks (as I do with all of my guitars). The finish seems like it will last. Really nice finish. I got mine in sonic blue, and it is beautiful!!

The factory setup was actually okay. The action was perfect when I first got it, but I prefer 11's to the 9's that it had on it already, so I had to set up the bridge and everything for that. No big deal. I haven't touched the pickups at all, I may at some point, but for now, since it sounds good, why change it? No flaws at all, everything was perfect on this guitar out of the box! No scratches, nothing was loose, bridge was fine, pretty great factory setup I'd say!

This guitar is a solid body with a C-Shaped neck that is VERY comfortable to play. More comfortable than any other Strat I've played. It has an Alder body, not too heavy at all, lighter than my Les Paul. It has Fender Custom Shop '69 Pickups in it, and they sound fantastic. Pretty bright sounding, plenty of treble. Tuners seem pretty durable, it stays in tune pretty well, even without a full setup! It also comes with a Fender gig bag, and it has enough padding to take it out. Protects it nicely. Overall, great features on this guitar, especially for the price!

Amyfarish123
    I am becoming more and more tempted to trade in a gibson sg special that i have and get this bad boy. Think i am going to go for it