Classic Player Baja Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Classic Player Baja Telecaster

The Baja is a beast! The pickups and combinations available via the 4 way switch and added S1 switch are amazing. You can get anything from this guitar from great twangy country, blues, jazz, rock, metal and anything in between. I've played this Tele through a Marshall, Mesa, Fender, Vox and Line 6 amps and it responded perfectly with them all.

I play all types of music and the Baja can do them all easily. I love the pickups of this guitar and it really does have a nice fat tone! I've been playing for years and have owned many guitars and this thing is up there with the best. If it were stolen and I had the money than yes I would replace it.

Built to last like and Fender guitar! This guitar will withstand live use with ease but you might want to add a set of straplocks to it to make sure it doesn't hit the deck, other than that the hardware will withstand live use also as its solid. I got a hard case for my Tele to protect it when taking it out.

The guitar needed a setup apon arrival as it came from the factory with 10's and I play 9's but once set-up and intonated with 9's it played with ease. I went for the Blonde finish with black pickguard as I love the combination and it reminds me of the 52 Tele. The finish is nice and thin so you can see the grain of the ash through the paint. The hardware on the Baja is classic, featuring split shaft Vintage tuners that stay perfectly in tune, a classic 3 saddle bridge with 3 brass saddles and a perfectly cut bone nut. Due to experience with owning a number of Telecaster guitars I know the 3 saddle bridge will never be 100% perfectly intonated but its close enough not to bother you.

Designed by Chris Fleming, a Master Builder specializing in Telecaster guitars! Chris has built instruments for many artists including: John 5, Billy Gibbons, David Gilmour, John Mayer, Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Ron Wood. This model is a 50's style Tele with custom/added features that include a chunky V-shaped neck, Custom Shop Broadcaster Single-Coil bridge Pickup, Custom Shop "Twisted" Single-Coil Neck Pickup, 4 way pickup switching, S1 swicth, custom neck plate and an ash body.

rajond
    just purchased one. wasn't sure if I was going to keep it. 2 weeks later it's probably my favorite guitar. I love V necks anyway and this one is just a tad fuller in your hand. and, the custom shop pickups are incredible. I especially love the pickups in series. chimey and clear. I don't use the S-1 much, but having it is fun to play with. I want to address the cycle hum that seems to be an issue for a lot of Baja owners. it IS louder than my strats or other teles. I mean LOUDER! I took it to a GC tech and he found some soldering issues(cold solders)that he took care of. that pretty much cleared that issue up. I went one step further and copper taped the control cavity and under the pickguard. I have no issues any longer with cycle hum. the guitar is a keeper.
    jo-kohma
    I got a lot of humbucker guitars, so I bought the Baja cause I wanted a guitar With better clean sound, so I could play some rockabilly and surf licks. With the pickups in the baja, full distortion on a Marshall doesnt sound good, but it eat distortion pedals With no problem. The work around on a Marshall With lot of distortion is postition 1, the bridge pickup alone, and you have two tweak the Marshall a bit, takin off some middle and treble tone.
    BajaCustom
    I've had this guitar for 5 years now, it's been used at practice, on stage, and it's been abused, but nothing gave up and still has that epic personality. I've changed the pick-ups for Samarium Cobalt Noiseless and they made it even more versatile for my playing. I would be upset if I lost it or if it were stolen and probably buy a new one, but this time the blonde with black pick-guard .
    IrishGunny
    I bought one 4 months ago and slapped some EMG's on it. HO-LY SH-IT! I put it into a Fender Mustang and pumped up the Metal 2000 with a little mod, went from Metallica to Slayer to Foo Fighters. I recommend it to all
    LastHorizon82
    Great guitar! had one for a year then got rid because of the truss rod being at the silly end of the neck