Classic Player Jaguar Special HH review by Fender

Fender: Classic Player Jaguar Special HH

Price paid: € 800

Purchased from: Euroguitar

I play several music styles and this guitar is great for all of them: post-hardcore, old school punk hardcore, post-rock and progressive rock. I also play some heavy hardcore stuff with this guitar and it works great! Overall this guitar isn't noisy. The neck pickup in simple mode has a great clean jazz/blues sound in clean and overdrive settings. On humbucker mode it sounds a little muddy but it has great low end on distorsion when doing palm mutes. Really heavy! The bridge pickup sounds quite the same but a little softer: it makes it better for rhythm guitar, of course. It still has a Fender feeling, but it's way heavier than most of other Fender guitars.

Considering the music genres I play, this guitar is pure gold. Sometimes I play death metal and even if it's definitely not the best guitar for it, it's still a good match. I used to play on a BC Rich platinium series so it's quite a new world for me! But I would buy it again, and again, and again, as this is the best guitar I've ever played in this price range. I love really everything about this guitar, and there's nothing I hate. But thinking of my favourite feature... I can't choose between the 8-knobs electronics and the neck! On a side note, it has an awesome high fret access. Finally, I must clarify something: its bridge and tremolo are better than other Fender's, but it's doesn't go as far as a Floyd Rose of course.

This Jag is a little bit heavy, compared to other Fender's; but it's not as heavy as a Les Paul or a big BC Rich, of course. The hardware seems to be high quality, so I think it will last. The polyester finish seems pretty solid so I'm not afraid about it!

I didn't notice any flaws. Maybe the pickguard is not perfectly cut around the bridge, but to be honest, that's all. I've seen lots of mexican guitars that had imperfect finishes but definitely not this one. There are two finishes available, a white one and a 3-tone sunburst one, both with a dark red, Brown shell pickguard.

Made in 2010 in Mexico, but sounds better than most of mexican guitars. 22 Medium Jumbo frets. Maple C-shaped neck. No surprise here, it's a Fender, with a great Alder body. But it doesn't really sounds like older Jags because it has two splittable Enforcer pickups (humbuckers). The bridge is different from other Jags, this one being a Fender Adjusto-Matic with a tremolo bar. This guitar has tons (actually 8) of control knobs, which is gold for picky players. There are of course a volume knob and a tone one. In addition there is a master kill (which can mute both pickups at once), 2 knobs to enable/disable each pickup, 2 knobs to split them in single coil pickups and a final one to cut some low end. It comes with a deluxe gig bag.

sosa3005
    This one gonna be my next guitar! Is totally awesome, specially with the single coil/humbucker function, and the master kill is a great plus.
    heroindog
    heroindog
    heroindog wrote: any suggestions for new pickups to make it sound brighter? it would be good if the controls allowed more spectrum of sound between treble and bass
    or will a bigger tone pot give me this ^