Classic Player Jaguar Special HH review by Fender

Fender: Classic Player Jaguar Special HH

My rig: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (amp) Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff Distortion Pedal DIY Kits Piledriver Boost Pedal The Jaguar's clean sounds are phenomenal, especially directly into the HRD. They go from spanky when the coils are tapped, to much darker when in hum bucker mode. The neck pickup gives some great cleans in any position, and both pickups together make for some interesting sounds. The low pass filter doesn't make much of a difference to my ears, but it is there. When distorted, the Jag can dish out grungy neck humbucker tones and great chunky tones from the bridge pickup. With my Metal Muff I can actually get some great metal sounds out of this. However, the coils are noisy when tapped and distorted. Overall, the distorted tone is very trebly due to the alder body, and the pickups tend to be really trebly as well. When I use the HRD's normal amp distortion with the boost pedal, it cranks out some great classic rock vibe in an almost AC/DC or Led Zeppelin way. The Jaguar sounds are very unique, which I love, and there is no end to the great tones that can be synthesized with this guitar. DOWNSIDE - When using moderate to high distortion, the Jaguar makes a very odd, resonant sound the comes out after playing a very staccato note. This is because of the large distance between the stop tail piece of the trem and the bridge. The sound is subtle but still annoyed the hell out of me. I fixed it by tying a piece of shoestring around the strings right before the bridge. This eliminated all the excess noise and actually looks moderately cool.

I play blues, jazz, djent, metal, classic rock, and pretty much everything. My band is a mainly alternative group, and this guitar sounds phenomenal. I play rhythm mostly but I do all the solos as well. The Jaguar shines like a star for both of them and the white finish looks great. I got more than I paid for and I really have no major complaints. The Fender Jaguar is extremely versatile and I'd recommend it for almost any style of music. I'd cry if this were stolen. I may change the pickups in the future, but that is just my preference. Overall, I love this guitar and it is among my most played guitars. One of the best MIM guitars ever.

I have gigged with this several times since getting it, and it has never let me down once. I used it without a backup and felt very comfortable. All parts show little wear except the pick guard, but that's what its for. My only peeve is that the switches do seem a little flimsy and like they will wear out sooner rather than later. The finish is great, almost impossible to scratch.

The guitar came set up well, but I did find a flaw in the design. I like to use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom type strings which go 52-10 in gauge. The low E string touches one of the screws the anchors the tremolo plate to the body, and produces a buzzing noise. This does not affect the amplified playing, but is annoying. Other than this, the guitar is near perfect.

This is my beloved Fender Jaguar. Being a huge Nirvana fan, I loved Kurt's modded Jag and had to pick this one up. This is a 2011 model and I've had it since June. - 22 medium frets, 24" scale, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard (very small actually) - Solid Alder body - Nitro finish (very nice, hard to scratch) - Non-traditional Jaguar bridge (similar to tune-o-matic) - Floating tremolo, meant for vibratos not dive-bombs - Passive Enforcer humbuckers (fairly HOT as far as Fender standards go) - Fender Vintage style tuners (Keep tune extremely well) It's a Jaguar so look up what the controls do. There are endless features and tonal possibilities, more than I've seen on any other guitar before.