Custom Classic Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Custom Classic Stratocaster

Purchased from: Goerge's Music

It's a nice guitar that suits many different kinds of styles. But I use it for Blues, Rock, Hard Rock. It suits me pretty well. I am using it with My 30 watt Marshall MG30DFX, my Line 6 Spider III 75 amp, and my Boss GT-10 effect. It isn't noisy. It has a rich sound on neck, and middle pickups. And a Bright sound on the Bridge Pickup. The guitar can make many kinds of sound, like Twang for country or metal perfect for shredding solos, like-Acoustic by switching to clean and turning the knob.

I play Blues, Rock, Hard Rock, a bit of Metal. The guitar matches very well every of those styles. I have been playing for three years, but I got that guitar for my second year of playing. And still I think that this guitar is cool. The other gears I own, are: Mastercaster: 008 White Zebra, Gibson: Standard 80' Les Paul, Dommenget: Explorer 90 Custom, and PRS: SE Paul Allender. If it were lost, I would like to buy it again, but I am out of money. I love the variety of different sounds that it can produce. There is nothing I hate about this guitar. I compared it to Classic Fender Stratocaster, and Fender Stratocaster Eric Clapton Signature, I choose this one because I preferred it's sound. I only wish it has a Floyd Rose Tremolo, and Locking Nut.

I rely on this guitar, and it withstands Live playing. The hardware is good enough to seem like it will last for long time. The strap buttons are solid, but not enough with the Fender Vintage Strap (that is included with the guitar). So I used the strap lockers, and then I bought a new strap. This guitar doesn't need backup, if used on a gig. The finish itself is good, but with time, air penetrates the plastic of the pickguard, and makes it pop, what makes the pickguard sticky.

The guitar was all properly done at Fender Custom Shop. The pickups were well adjusted, the top properly bookmatched, the bridge properly routed, the deck well set, and it didn't contain flaws. That's important, because you don't want to buy an expensive guitar from a good company, which is bad done.

Made in the USA, The guitar has an alder body, a maple set-neck and a maple fingerboard, with 22 medium-jumbo frets, a scale length of 25.5" and Fender/Schaller Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning machines Hardware: Chrome. The Custom Classic Strat is loaded with 2 Modern Classic single-coil pickups (neck, middle) and a Hot Classic single-coil pickup (bridge) with a custom steel inductance plate. Master Volume, Tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2, no-load tone control (middle and bridge pickups)Controlls. 5 position blade Switch. And a New Deluxe 2-point synchronized Tremolo Bridge. The included accessories are: A Deluxe black hardshell case with black crushed velvet interior. 1 Light, 2 Medium, 1 Heavy Fender Custom Shop picks. Fender polishing cloth. Fender Tremolo Springs. Humidifier. Fender's Owner's Manual. Strap Lockers. Fender Vintage Strap. And Fender Custom Shop Sticker, and Certificate.

Zoso1994
    jazzguitarjase
    So buddy, hope youre well and you have tried some different amps by now. In my humble opinion, Strats sound excellent through Fender tube amps, and I believe thats because Fender is most likely to test their guitars through Fender amps at design level and at quality control level. I dont know for a fact if they test through other brands though.
    guitarsandme
    Yeh leave him alone. At least he submited a review. What do yo uwant he is a learer at 3 years of playing.
    jrk_beast
    stop killing this guy for his amp, its just his amp, if your a experienced guitarist you can tell a good guitar no matter what amp, god, your all just whining.
    alleng911
    If the picture is his guitar, the body is ash. The cobalt blue transparent color included a premium ash upgrade. I have the same guitar in bing cherry translucent.
    dennis4rock
    I sold my 2 amps, and Master Caster and bought myself a VOX AD120VT, so now I use the Strat with it.
    fenderman132
    ITS NOT A SET NECK ITS A BOLT ON LOOK AT THE PICTURE THE NECK WHERE THE NECK CONTURES TO THE BODY IS LONGER THAN THE JOINT IT ATACHES TO ITS A BOLT ON NO AN FX PROCESSER IS SHIT NO FX PROCESSER CAN BE AS GOOD AS THE AMP ITSELF IN THE AMPS THOUGH YOU DONT HAVE TO GET A MESA TOO EXPENSIVE I LIKE THEM BUT I PLAY THROUGH A HOTROD DELUXE AND I DONT NEED A PEDAL OR AN FX PROCESSER TO MAKE IT SOUND GOOD
    jetwash69
    Stickymongoose wrote: Effects processing makes your amp sound better?
    Even a GNX4 will improve the sound of an MG 30DFX. The factory overdrive is so bad that almost any pedal will make it sound much better. Still won't hold a candle to a Mesa, though. But it probably will sound better than a Peavy Valve King, or at least the VKs at my local music store (dang things are muddier than the MG and make a lot of popping noises all the time.
    TheEchomaker
    Zoso1994 wrote: This guy gets flamed after absolutely EVERY review. Either way, I don't trust him, he runs 5000 dollar guitars through cheap crappy amps and pretends he knows about music saying his effects processor makes up for having an MG and a Spider. Trade one of your guitars for a Mesa Boogie and you'll learn what good sound is. Also, throw your crappy gt-10 out of your window.
    lol
    EarthenSonata
    I don't care what he's running it through, this review just is unobjective and pointless. Why did it make front page?
    dennis4rock
    chordios wrote: I almost screamed when I read the amps he plays with this amazing guitar.
    Maybe my amp are bad, BUT my effect proccessor GT-10 rocks, and it makes the good quality sound!
    harpy1976
    yeah, you should really sell one of those other guitars and buy a nice tube amp. if yuo think it sounds good through a spider, wait till you hear it through a twin!
    Stickymongoose
    This guitar doesn't actually have a set neck, does it? The MF page doesn't mention one, and it would just be kind of bizarre for an otherwise pretty traditional Strat design.
    chordios
    I almost screamed when I read the amps he plays with this amazing guitar.
    james.kochans
    great pick, I think the custom shop classic is a thing of beauty. the fit and finish on mine is second to none.I believe that you can rate a guitars fit, finish, pliability,sustain and in most cases tone without an amp.that guitar has more tone adjustments and possibility's than I can list, as for your amp I'm thinking you hit the tube v modeling wall The spider has some cool rectifier sounds, can't stick a cord in a twin and get that.the best guitar is the one you wear out !