Custom Classic Telecaster review by Fender

Fender: Custom Classic Telecaster

Purchased from: Nashville

Any music style you can name, the Fender Telecaster can play it. I have a mini Marshall MG10CD amp, about 1.5' x 1.5' x .5' With distortion, it is a little muffled, but on clean, it is the best quality of sound I have ever heard. You can do any effect on a Telecaster, including slides, vibrato, and you can use an additional whammy bar (optional). My only dislike about the Fender Telecaster is that the amount of distortion isn't as great as a hollow body Gibson.

I usually play hard rock, like System Of A Down, Metallica, and some punk, like Blink 182. I do not know what genre City of Angels from Red Hot Chili Peppers, but it is also good for that too. I am 13 years old and have only been playing about eleven months, and am surprised at how much I can do. My father is a very great guitarist, and even he sais that what I have done in ten months is better than what he has accomplished in ten years. My only accesorie in a guitar strap. If it were to be stolen, I would do whatever it takes to get it back. This thing is paying for my house in the near future. What I love most about it is the attraction to the ladies, I'd have to say. I have brought it in to my school for the past two months for music, and every girl in grade 8 and 7 is swarmed around me. I could really get used to this! I have compared my guitar to alot of other guitars, but only for looks (shape, colour, etc.) The only thing I wish it had was flames. I suggest that if you purchase a Fender Telecaster, lower the strings closer to the fretboard and pickup, and dont give it to your father to fix it get a professional!

This would not be a very good guitar for live proformances. If you bring out a guitar that has been signed by alot of other artists but you, it would be pretty odd to the audience. It has great hardware. including strap buttons, and you dont need to use a backup for gigs.

The guitar was signed on national television and was sold for $1700. My father had only bought it when I was two years old. It has lasted until now with only two minor repairs. A broken wire to the pickup. After that, the tone dial had loosened, and my father was so inconsiderate that he put tape under it, which had wrecked the tone dial. I have just recently fixed it though.

- Made in Mexico - 21 fret - Laminated top - Tone, volume and 3 way Switch - Tele body