Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Purchased from: Rennisance Music

I think this guitar is extemely versatile it is an amazing lead guitar. The Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge position is from a '59 Les Paul and the neck is a '59 reverse polarity pickup its great for athat thick meaty tone. I have played this guitar threw a number of different amps and have found that it sounds really good threw all of them.

This guitar is an excellent guitar for any type of player, it's very versitle and can be used in alot of different types of music. But if your looking for that tele tone this is not the guitar for you. This guitar sounds identilce to a Les Paul.

The strap locks are quiet solid the finish is excellent (polyurethane). The hardware is pretty reliable all though I haven't had too long, I think it is pretty dependable extemely light weight and and a great feel.

I thought that this guitar was set up very well it comes with a rosewood fingerboard and jumbo frets when I got it the guitar had been threw a factory set up so the fret were al oiled up and so forth.

This guitar is a Telecaster Custom not a Custom Classic Tele I. The Fender Telecaster Custom has comes with two Semour Duncan humbucking pickups and a push pull cap. This guitar comes in a mohogany body and neck with a flame maple top (FMT). The neck is set into the body so it's a 1 piece. It comes in crimson red transparent, blue transparent, black cherry and amber. I choose athe the crimson red it really brings out the vibe in the fmt. It also comes with a 3-way selector. The push pull cap splits athe humbuckers into single coils for that sweet thin rhythmic tone.

MaggaraMarine
    WTH is with that gahaze's review? He gives low ratings but doesn't say anything bad things about guitar. Seems like he has thought that 1 is the best and 10 is the worst or I don't know what.
    The_Ross
    I'm more of a hard rock/metal kind of player, and I could never see a standard Tele doing Black Sabbath any justice, so I never showed much interest. I stumbled across this model and it raised my eyebrow. After about an hour of research and hearing a few clips of the output, I was scanning ebay. Low and behold, I found a crimson red for $500, new. That was today. The only downside is the suspense. I haven't been this excited to play a new guitar for quite some time. Now I play the waiting game...
    highkingnm
    don't-the coil tap makes it more varied than an EMG gtr
    edgarm16
    Just wondering, does this guitar still have the classic tele sound? I've played guitars with coil selectors (and i own one now) and I haven't been too impressed with the single coil sound. It's just not the same. I want a tele with tele sound that I can put light guage strings on.
    If you want a classic tele sound without tweaking your effects or pedals, this is not the guitar for you. The coil/tap will make it sound somewhere between a strat and tele IMO, and if you hide your sound with effects, might be able to get away with the sound you want. It's made more for a Les Paul sound (though it's not quite there yet). If you've ever thought a Les Paul sound would be awesome on a fender telecaster body, this is the guitar to get!!!
    Thombrunt
    spencer_00
    Hey Guys....i by this guitar...but she was manufactured in indonesia it's a Fake?
    ben2theedge
    I just brought one of these home today after finding a used one at my local music store. It's absolutely beautiful and quite versatile as many have mentioned, one or two switch and knob adjustments and you can coax any sound out of it that you can imagine. The only thing I'm worried about is the lack of a pick guard, I'm afraid I won't be able to protect the beautiful finish for very long!
    grelax53
    I own this Guitar in the Brown Transparent finish, I have owned a number of guitars in the last 38 years. I play in a band that plays mostly 60's and 70's music I play bass but on some songs I play lead. I tried a Schecter and liked the Push Pull feature but was so so on the guitar. Then I found the Fender FMT Telecaster and just love it. There is nothing about it that I have been unhappy about and frankly like it better then more conventional Fenders I have played and/or owned.
    mastercpm13
    Ive had a fender fmt telecaster for almost 2 years now and it was well worth it i love this guitar.
    elgranmapache
    I bought this guitar a year ago. It's awesome, it allows you to play extremely fast, whcih is great if you are a lead guitarist. I've tried it with Evolution's DP158/159 hambuckers, and it sounds pretty close to Steve Vai. Great guitar
    nirvanapwns
    millynell14 wrote: RedHotFan182 wrote: i was thinking about getting it and putting emgs in it id have a very unique guitar how many teles do you see out there with emgs would this be a good idea? well it wouldn't be a first, not VERY unique, but reasonably unique i know sum1 with them on a telecaster with emg's dunno what it is dont think its a fender though sounds quite nice but ive just ordered 1 of these and i mite find sum new pick-ups dunno yet up to you, but i would say do it!
    if youre thinking jimm root from slipknot/stone sour the it is a fender
    timeslikethese_
    iv had mine for 2 years now, and heavier strings definitely brings this guitar to life. do not buy this guitar if you are looking for a traditional tele sound. amazingly fast and smooth, and so easy on the eyes
    millynell14
    millynell14
    whoever thinks that there is blue one that's wrong i did some research and its a QMT instead of FMT but yea i suppose they're still pretty damn close though
    DevinRoss
    I've had a FMT Telecaster for over a year now, it's a very versatile guitar, I have found using heavy strings really wakes up the humbuckers, it lacks the "twang" of a traditional Tele, but I also have a Lite Ash Telecaster for that sound and I'd replace either one in a heartbeat if I had to. My ol'Strat usually sits in the case nowdays.
    BloodBlooms
    to the middle reviewer: there are a couple things that could contribute to the Tele's ease of dropped tuning over the LP. the main thing is that the Tele has a longer-scale neck which equals greater overall string tension. other things like different strings on the different guitars could've made a difference too.
    RedHotFan182
    teletastic
    Hi all, I have one of the first year fmt's made in Korea. It has the fender humbuckers installed and not the SD's. Should I be concerned? Should I be thankful or switch them out for the SD's. Are the Fender Atomic and Black Canyons respectable?