Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Purchased from: M and M Guitars, Southampton

This guitar has a fantastic sound due to its humbuckers and push/pull coil tap. This means you can change from a Telecaster sound to a Les paul sound at an instant. The resonation and sustain are also fantastic. There really isn't a sound you can't make with this guitar.

I play all sorts, but mainly classic rock/modern rock. I've been playing for about 3/4 years. I sold this guitar for a 1989 LTD edition import USA Fender Strat which I play through a Fender FM 100w transistor amp with a 4X12" cab. If you play at home or with mate, get this guitar! For the price it is an absolute steal. I would not however reccomend this to a live player. I am not joking when I say how this drops out of tune, he slightest hammering and she goes.

I gig with a band and couldn't use it on stage because of the tuning problem. I had it looked at, but apparently it's a problem inherent with all teles. Everything else though (hardware etc) is awesome, fully reliable. I am very careful with my guitars, so I hadn't dropped it, but the finish looks quite durable.

I received the guitar with a standard set up, which peformed brilliantly (pick up height, string height etc). There is only one complaint I have about this guitar (and the reason I sold it) is that it drops out of tune very easily. I gig with a band and couldn't use it on stage because of this problem. I had it looked at, but apparently it's a problem inherent with all teles.

22 jumbo frets on a rosewood board, Flamed Maple Top finish in black cherry burst. It has black chrome hardware (which faded to a lovely aged colour after a few months), floyd rose fixed bridge, two Seymour Duncan humbuckers, three control knobs (two tone, one push pull selector to Switch between single coil and humbucker outputs and one volume). It has a glued set neck. It is also the thinest/lightest electric I have come across.