Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Purchased from: Dixie Music

I play everything from U2 and Pearl Jam to Killswitch Engage and Pantera. Due to its twin humbuckers and coil tap, this axe suits all my music needs. I am currently using it with a Fender Frontman 15G amp, a POS, and this guitar even makes that amp sound good! With the bridge pup, you can get that heavy, metal crunch (with a good amp/pedal). Then with the neck pup you can pull out some tele 'twang for that Johnny Cash tune. This beast can do it all.

As I've said, this guitar is No Doubt the best I've ever played. It suits all of my guitar needs. I have been playing for a little over three years now, and this is a great step up from my trusty Squier. IF it were lost or stolen, I'd buy it again that day. That includes Strats, other Teles, Les Pauls, and SGs. Nothing can be its versatility and its beautiful looks. If you can, I highly recommend buying this guitar.

I am not in a gigging band right now, but I know that this thing could take life on the road. The set neck is very stable, as is all the hardware. I would No Doubt go without a backup with this thing. Though I want strap locks just for safety sake, the buttons are entirely solid. Besides, this thing weighs about 14-18 pounds, so you don't even really need strap locks. But it never hurt to be safe.

I haven't messed with this guitar since I've bought it. The action and pickup heights are dead-on, with no buzzing at all. All of the inlays, abalone inlays, that is, look fantastic. One of my favorite things about the looks of this guitar is the hardware, headstock, and neck. The neck is finished all the way down, and is the fastest neck I've ever felt. The headstock matches the body of the guitar. And the bridge and tuners are both pitch-black, which really adds to the appeal.

This guitar is simply amazing. To start off with, it was made in Korea. But I do not see where this is such a big deal. I played other teles from the states here, and did not see nor hear any difference. I have a midnight blue finish, something of a rarity I suppose because I haven't seen another one anywhere. As it states in the title, it has an gorgeous flamed maple top (FMT). It has a set mahogany neck with a rosewood fretboard. It has two humbuckers. Some come with Duncans, but mine came with Fenders. Both seem to work just fine. It has two knobs, one tone and one volume. THe tone knob has a coil tap, which means it makes a humbucker a single coil pickup, something only customs have. This guitar sounds incredible and looks almost better than it sounds.