Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Price paid: C$ 750

Purchased from: Mountain Music - Hamilton, Ontario

This Guitar Will Play Any Type Of Music... It has a Gibson-y type tone with way more clarity and sustain when in humbucker mode and when in single coil mode it has the classic Tele Twang... The only problem I have with this guitar is the fact that it does not have the option of going single coil on one and humbucker on the other so you can't get the sound of: 1. An old tele that had a humbucker in the neck and a single coil bridge or 2. A Fat Strat sound (this is a possibility I will not get until they start mass producing 1Meg push/pulls).

I play hard rock, blues, heavy metal, melodic metal, jazz, and twangy rock and I can play all these styles on this one guitar and my pedal board, it is uber versitile and a major sustainiac, if it was lost I would buy go crazy for a while and eventually get a new one, if it was stolen I would go on a rampage to get it back, I wish the music store had another one for me to buy... I guess I will have to buy a J5 Squier and a couple D-Activators next.

Oversized strap buttons make sure that your strap will never slip off, I would have bet my life on the fact that this guitar will go through a night without the need to bring a backup when it was stock... Now that I have tuned it that extra little bit I would be wasting band practice time if I wanted to set-up another guitar and I would be more likely to get boo-ed off stage due to lack of practice than for having a faulty guitar.

This guitar was imaculately set-up when I bought it other than the fact that it had a set of 9-46s on it once I switched it to a set 11-52s it was perfect, the pickups were in the proper place and have great string to string volume balance, the book matching was immaculate too, all n all this is the best guitar I have bought in a long time and the price tag was wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy lower than what I expected.

2010 Indonesian Fender (made by Cort for Fender), 22 25.5" scaled jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard with oversized abalone Dot inlays on a mahogany neck set onto a mahogany body with a carved flame maple top with a 3 way Switch... Other than the scale length doesn't that sound exactly like a les paul so far? But here is where Fender takes the cake... String thru body for an intense hit of sustain, saddle style Fender bridge which increases that sustain even more because all the vibrations go straight through the metal and into the wood, comes stock with a graphite nut so you stay in tune, one tone which is a coil splitting 500k push/pull and one volume with a treble bleed mod (which were amazing stock but I went up to a 1Meg volume with 930 microfarad treble bleed mod for searing high leads) Seymour Duncan Pickups (59RP in the neck and Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge).