Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Purchased from: Intersalg.no - Norway

I have allready mentioned a few things about the sound in the humbuckers. The first few months I had this guitar I wanted to change the pickups because I wasn`t very happy with the sound. But at the time I was playing it through a crappy amp. I currently play it through a Orange ad30 and it sounds amazing! When you use the humbuckers you get an incredible warm sound with lots of great sustain. Because of the wood and the humbckers it actually sounds a bit like a less paul. Only better in my oppinion. Not quite as fat as a les paul. When you play with single couils you get a really bright and light tone that fits perfectly if you are looking for that typical Fender sound. Compared to my american Standard Telecaster this guitar both plays and sounds better. It could be that I have been lucky with it or unlucky with my american standars. But this guitar is clearly my favourite. I used to have several guitars on gigs. Now I mainly use this one because it sounds so great. It fits my music style perfectly. I play lots of music like Coldplay and similar groups, but this guitar also delivers when I play more funky kind of music as well as more heavy rock, like Muse.

You might think that I have been too kind with the ratings I have given this guitar. But seriously, the reason why I wanted to write this review was because I am so incredibly satisfied with it, and wanted to share it with other people who consider this guitar. Put a little extra money into it and you will have a beautifull and unique guitar that is extremely versatile and easy playable. It is also very affordable but don't let that fool you. This is a lot better than most mexican fenders I have tried, and honestly, I like it better than any american Fender I have played, although that might just be because I prefer the slim neck and jumbo frets. I have had this guitar for a year now, and I never run tired of it. I have an american tele, a mexican Strat and a Epiphone 335 sheraton. I have also played a lot on my fathers les paul, but I prefer this guitar over all the others. The quality might not be the same as on a expensive Gibson guitar, but it fits me perfetly and that's why its my main guitar. I reccomend this guitar for annyone who likes a slim neck and the looks of it. You should ofcourse try it first though! Not everybody likes the neck. Hope you found the review usefull! I'm giving it a 10/10 because it is such a great instrument, expecially for such a affordable guitar.

This guitar is made in Indonesia, but the quality of my guitar is incredible. It has a low price compared to its true value. Fender have spared some money on parts like the tuners, but it is easy to have them exchanged. The humbuckers and electronics seem top notch. Gonna give it a 9, because it is very reliable, but maybe not as much as a guitar that costs 3 times as much. Annyways, great guitar, seems incredibly solid even though it is very light(that's actually something I am very greatfull for). I have used it several times withouth backup. Only risk is if you break any strings. But with the locking tuners you can change a string in a minute or less.

The guitar was well set up from factory with 09. Strings. The pickups were set up quite good =). About the finish on this guitar. It is seriously one of the most beautifull guitars I have ever seen. And I meen it! I have gotten plenty of compliments on it and actually a few people have bought similar guitars after looking, listening to and playing my guitar. You can't tell how beautifull it is just by looking at pictures. When you get those stagelights on it, it shines up like a Diamond. The neck is just incredible! The high frets allow for lots of tonal posibilities like vibrato etc. A GREAT lead guitar. Watch yourself though; push down on the frets to hard and the tone will easily be out of tune. If you are used to playing with standard frets it is easy to make open chords sound a bit off on this guitar because you need to push down gently. that's another thing about this guitar. You really don't need much preasure at all to have a perfectly clean tone. The slim neck allow very fast playing. I am going to give this a 10 too, but when it came from the factory it only deserved an 8. You need to change to a larger string size. 10.`s are prefered. Do that, and have someone who knows guitars to adjust it properly. The tuners were not too god either. Exchange them with som top quiality tuners and its perfect. If your guitar stills fall out of tune, have the nut changed aswell to work better with the string size.

To start with I want to mention that the ratings I have given this guitar is in its current standard. I have gotten the humbuckers adjustet and put on some new tuners. I have also gotten in perfectly adjusted and intonated. This guitar was made in indonesia last year(got it straight from the factory:D). It features as the name implies, a flame maple body. It has 22 jumbo frets and a rosewood fingerboard. I have played a lot of different guitars, and necks such as that you find on a les paul is much too fat for my liking. The neck on this one is really thin and that makes it very playable. Its still not so thin that it feels like its gonna break or something though xD. The neck is somewhat unique for a Fender guitar I suppose, and I have to say; It is AWESOME. This guitar came with a couple of Seymour Duncan pickups and they sound great. Pulling the tone knob upwards will split the coils giving you a single coil sound. A single coil sound that actually gives me a better "Fender feel" than my mexican Strat does. Because of the wonderfull neck, the cut body and the split knob it gets a 10 on the features. The tuners are not too god but easy to replace. I currently have Sperzel locking tuners on it and it stays in tune better than the guitars I have with standard american Fender or Gibson tuners on it.