Custom Telecaster FMT HH review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 2.4 Junky
Fender: Custom Telecaster FMT HH

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I switched out my Fender Pick-ups on my Korean made Tele for Seymour Duncans SH-4JB and SH-2N. One of my Fender pickups was going bad and the SD's suit my playing sound better. Playing through a Behringer V-Tone GMX110. I love the sounds I can get with this guitar playing it through a modeling amp.

Blues, Old School 70's Rock, A Bit Of Jazz. Works great for all these styles. Been playing off and on for 25+ years. I love how light this guitar is and how fast it plays. I was at first a bit leary when I saw the made in Korea sticker and how light the guitar was. After plugging it in and playing for five minutes all my fears disappeared. This is one sweet playing guitar. I don't know if it's just a fluke that I got one that is so nice but I hope everyone else has had the same positive experience with theirs that I've had.

I've played in some of the worlds worst garage bands and this guitar has stood up remarkably well to all sorts of crappy conditions. Since I'm not in a "real" band I don't need to worry about having a backup but if I was I wouldn't worry about not having one. Everything is still perfect in the fit and finish.

Even though I bought this guitar used I was told it had never been set-up by a professional so I can't truly comment on how well it was set-up coming out of the factory. The guitar I bought was almost flawless and has killer looks. I've since had the neck adjusted because of a slight bow.

I have a 2003 Brown Transparent made in Korea. There has been alot of conflicting information about this guitar i.e.: Place of manufacture, Type of Pickups, etc. I e-mailed Fender and received the following information that I hope will help straighten out any questions you might have. Production moved from Korea to Indonesia in 2008 - Model Name: Custom Telecaster FMT HH - Model Number: 026-2000-(Color #) - Series: Special Edition Series - Colors: (520) Amber, (538) Crimson Red Transparent, (561) Black Cherry Burst, (Urethane Finish) - Body: Mahogany, with Carved Flame Maple Top - Neck: Mahogany, Set Neck, Modern "C" Shape, (Gloss Urethane Finish) - Fingerboard: Rosewood, 15.75 Radius (400 mm) - No. of Frets: 22 Jumbo Frets - Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm) - Width @ Nut: 1.625" (41.3 mm) - Hardware: Black Chrome - Machine Heads: Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines - Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hard-Tail Bridge - Pickguard: None - Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus Humbucking Pickup (Bridge), 1 Seymour Duncan SH-1N RP '59 Reverse Polarity Humbucking Pickup (Neck) - Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup - Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone with Push/Pull Coil Select Feature - Strings: Fender Super 250L, Nickel Plated Steel, - Gauges: (.009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042), P/N 073-0250-003 - Unique Features: Cream Colored Top Body Binding, Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays, Matching Painted Headstock, Graphite Nut - Source: Indonesia - Accessories: None - U.S. MSRP: $839.99 - INTRODUCED: 1/2003 Production moved from Korea to Indonesia in 2008 - DISCONTINUED COLORS: (562) Blue Transparent, Black Chrome Hardware, 7/2004, (539) Ebony Transparent, Black Hdwr, 7/2003, (550) Brown Transparent, Black Hdwr, 7/2003, - COMMENTS: Price drops $50.00 in 2009. As a running change in the summer of 2004 the pickups were changed from 1 Fender Atomic IITM Humbucker (Bridge), 1 Fender Black CanyonTM Humbucker (Neck) to: 1 Seymour Duncan SH-1N RP '59 Reverse Polarity Humbucker (Bridge), 1 Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus Humbucker (Neck), In 2004, 538, Crimson Red Transparent changed to Black Chrome Hardware from Black. - WRENCH SIZES: 4 mm Hex Truss Rod Adjustment Wrench, Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench, (1.5 mm Hex), P/N 0050919000.

st-even
    I've been playing guitar for 35 years and I've had my crimson fmt for about 3 months , brand new ,2013 made in Indonesia . Build and finish , excellent .Plays and sounds great ,better than guitars that cost twice as much, even some American made teles. 9/10 from me .
    marco.marin.129
    Hi all, I have also got a fmt crimson red, made in Korea. But it has no push/pull. On both of the humbuckers arn't written any names, fender???. It is a fake??? Serial number: 03061299. It seems to be from the year 2003. Could anybody help to verify my guitar.
    ausgerechnet.jogi
    Hi, I just bought your guitar with the Same serial number and with out the Push Pull function from Ebay. I have got the same question. Are you the first buyer of this Tele? Greetings from Germany