Cyclone II review by Fender

Fender: Cyclone II

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play mostly '50s rock 'n' roll, 60's surf, and classic/true punk. I also play some classic rock and alt. rock. Mostly the first 3, though. This guitar suits my styles perfectly. When used in conjuction with some good pedals, you can get nearly any sound out if this. I play it through a 15w Fender tube amp and use several pedals, including Boss overdrive & compression pedals, and a Electro-Harmonix chorus pedal. It has bright tone and does not make much feedback noise.

I like it, and would reccomend it to others in a heartbeat.

I've played 3 or 4 gigs with the Cyclone. It holds up just fine. The hardware is nice and tough, the strap buttons do their job just fine. I would use it w/o a backup, but I still bring my Epi ES-295 eith me, anyway. The finish is nice and thick.

The guitar was set-up from the factory fairly good. The action was a bit high, but it's not really a problem. The pickups were at perfect height, the bridge was properly routed, etc. The were no real flaws.

Made in Japan, 2005. C-shape maple neck with a 22-fret rosewood fretboard. Alder body in the shape of a '69 Mustang, complete with Mustang competition racing stripe. Strat-style synchronized tremolo bridge. Pickups are passive, 3 American-made Vintage Jaguar type. Master volume/tone controls, plus each pickup has an on/off slider. Non-locking vintage-style Fender tuners. Included a deluxe padded gig bag.

matttt
    i always wondered what the switches on the jaguars did, and this review told me, thanks! the cyclone looks quite cool aswell
    jincasa
    this guitar is bad ASS!!! i played one once, a white one (vintage white) with a red stripe on it, and it killed! o my god i want one
    bobbynogo
    i have one, it owns! the guy who owned it before me replaced the pickups with seymour duncans, and its just a great guitar
    Swamplord
    looks mad. pickups arent in the traditional place which also make it look cool
    savestheeday
    schwedengitarre, im really NOT sure what your talking about. this guitar is absolutely GORGEOUS! i had the oportunity to play one at my local guitar shop, and out of everything i played (even a $1,300.00 american strat) this guitar was better, HANDS DOWN! a lot of time and effort was put into making this guitar, and it shows! not directed to anyone, but do NOT diss this guitar until youve have a chance to sit down and fiddle with everything it can do..its absolutely mind-blowing
    johnmadden1989
    I love mine. The neck is really great on it. The pickups are decent enough, but I popped in some Hot Noiseless Stratocaster pickups instead, and now it's just great. The guitar looks animal aswell. My favourite feature, though is the neck. Lovely and fast, yet big and wide, so you can play easily even if you have big fingers.
    imustbebrodie
    i love this guitar i used to own one, but i sold it about 2 years ago. ebay has one just like the picture, 3 days left though. and i dont have moneys.. oh well
    ibikinz
    I want one is it good for like Megadeth stuff, cos as much as i like BLues i love Metal aswell.
    KurdtStaley
    Multiplayerjon wrote: the guitarist of DINOSAUR JR. Uses this and the jaguar
    J Mascis is his name and he may play this and the jag, but his main guitar is actually the Jazzmaster, Fender has a sig model for him these days. Just saw them two nights ago in Portland actually. Amazing band. I also just bought one of these used a week ago, and am quite happy with it. It has shitty machine heads though, screw "vintage looks" Fenders dumb for putting aesthetics over performance but it's a cheap fix. Mine has a great neck though, and good tone. I like the fact that it has a poplar body instead of Fenders conventional Alder or Ash, it makes it more unique and interesting sounding.