Cyclone II review by Fender

Fender: Cyclone II

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play all forms of rock, and this is a fantastic sounding guitars. At first, I was a little hesitant because there weren't any humbuckers, but as soon as I plugged in, I got that nice crunchy rock sound that I wanted from the bridge pickup. With the neck and bridge pickups, you get a fantastic surf-like sound, and with all three pickups, you get an acoustic-like sound. I use a Crate amp, and it sounds good. The versatility of this guitar is incredible, with 3 on/off switches controlling the pickups, there is no limit to it's sound.

I love this guitar. I have been playing for 3 years and own six guitars, and this takes the cake. I knew that when I first got this guitar, it would be the standard to which I judge other guitars. I am just so pleased with it. If it were lost/stolen, I would purchase a new one in a heartbeat. My friends were a little unsure about the look of this, but when they saw it in person, they all told me how they love it. I am serious: buy this guitar before it is too late.

This guitar is extremely reliable. Without a doubt I would use it without a backup. The guitar is very light and has a very smooth, body-contouring shape.

The guitar's finish was flawless, and if you are unsure of the daphne blue color, don't worry, it'll grow on you and others. The competition stripe sends a cool "individual" look. It also is extremely resistant to chipping/dents, as I have have more than a few big bumps without even any scratch. The action required adjusting, but what new guitar doesn't? Fender really did a good job with my guitar.