Deluxe Nashville Tele review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Nashville Tele

Purchased from: N/A

I play mainly hard rock, Indie, punk, and sometimes funk, I would say that this guitar suits my style pretty well. I use a 15-watt crate and no effects, still sounds great. Not very noisy, slightly noisy on the Strat pickup. Very rich sound. Likes: great tone, well suited for many styles. Dislikes:Would be a little bit more varied if there was a humbucker.

This is a great guitar for any style of music, unless you want to play heavy metal, then I wouldn't suggest it. I have been playing for about a year and this is my second guitar. I don't own any effects, but this guitar is fine without any, like I said before I have a Crate 15 watt amp. If it were stolen or lost, I would buy another Telecaster, not exactly this type though. My favorite feature is the Strat pickup, it gives it versatility. I hate the bridge, but nothing to big. I love everything else.

I think this guitar would be great for live gigs. Hardware seems very durable and should last a while. Finish seems ok, could be thicker. The strap buttons are great and get a tight grip. I would use this guitar at any gig, very dependable. I would probably use this on a gig without a backup, it wouldn't hurt to have a backup.

The action is a little high, could be better. Pickups didn't need any adjusting. Properly routed bridge. The only flaw was that the saddle for my E-string was poorly fit.

Made in Mexico. 21 frets. Rosewood fingerboard. Tortoise shell pickguard. Sunburst finish. Laminated top. 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob. 5-way switching. Pickup Configuration: S/S/S. Pickups: Standard Telecaster single coil(neck), stndard Stratocaster single coil (center), Standard Telecaster single coil (bridge). Alder body. Traditional Telecaster body style. Fender Tuners. Medium Jumbo frets. Fender Gig bag included with purchase.

mikesharp51
    My wife bought me this guitar for Father's Day in 1996. I also own a Gibson Les Paul Studio and another Fender - a Highway One. This Mexican made Nashville Tele is one of my absolute favorites after a minimal amount of setup work. I changed the original bridge (cheap!) to a nice Wilkinson brass unit, flattened the neck, set the string height and set intonation. This guitar is a joy to play!