Deluxe Nashville Tele review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Nashville Tele

Purchased from: Cherry Hill Guitar Center

My music style can be anything I can learn. I usually play rock and classical, and the guitar plays classical wonderfully, but could play rock a little better. This guitar is definitely not for playing heavy stuff without having some effects plugged into it. I use a Harmony practice amp with it, and it's a piece of s--t but it doesn't sound too horrible. I play it with a Crate GX15 at lessons however, and it can get some pretty sweet sounds to it. It has a semi-sweet tone to it, but I'd really rather have a more expensive tele, because the tone is much more sweet, and bright on the more expensive versions. The biggest turn off for my guitar is the string rattle against the fretboard, but this is only my guitar, it's most likely not the same for all Nashville Tele's Overall the sound is not horrible but if I spent even just 200 dollar more I could have gotten much better probably.

I play rock or classical on this guitar, and if you have set on clean classical is a wonderful match with this guitar, however with rock it could use more grit to it, more natural in your face tone. I've been playing for about 2 years now, and I own a Martin, Harmony Strat, Harmony Dreadnought, Johnson Uke, and Casio Keyboard. It of course can't compare to my Martin, and for 300 more it is not monumentously better than my Harmony Strat, but it is still my best electric guitar (but not by much). I wish I had been more stern asking the salesman to find a tone knob, and that I had asked about the input hole. If stolen I would either get a better tele, a Epiphone les paul or a more expensive Fender Strat. I absolutely love the maple fretboard, it feels wonderful on the hands and plays exquisetly. I hate how almost everything about the guitar could be better, therefore making me wish for more everytime I play the damn thing. The maple fretboard is definetly my fav. feature. I did compare it to other products, but I had a budget that could not be overlooked. The Epiphone les pauls I played were a lot better than this one, and so were the dots, and the Ibanez Artcore for the price wasn't that much worse. I chose this one because I liked the overall look of it. I wish it had some humbuckers on it. Overall this guitar isn't anywhere near wonderful, but for the price it is an awesome value.

I'm sure this guitar would withstand live playing, the hardware on this guitar (other than the input hole) will most likely last for decades. The strap buttons are solid, and I wouldn't worry about the strap falling off of them. I can mildly depend on this guitar, but I would not use it without a backup. I'm not entirely sure the electronics will be entirely faithful. The finish is good enough to last, and other than finger prints I've had no problems with it.

The guitar's setup was pretty good. The pickups silver colored circular cylindars protruding from the pickups are at different levels but I don't know if that means anything. The guitar's input hole is completely loose though, but it has not affected my playing as of yet. The finish gets fingerprints on it incredibly easy, and I wish the cover thing on the back said Fender on it but it does not. Overall I'm not thoroughly impressed with this guitar, but for the price it is is not half bad.

This guitar is built in Mexico, and I'm assuming it was made in 2004 or 2003. It has 21 frets, and the fret board is made out of light maple, which is beautiful and easy on the hands. The body is made out of the traditional alder wood, while the neck is made out of maple, as well as the headstock. The neck/headstock/fretboard is all basically one piece. The finish is solid, my finish is cherry red and it has a tortoise color pickguard, and it looks really nice. The bridge and body styles are of course the tele style, with the strings coming through the back of the guitar. The controls given are one volume knob, one tone knob, and one 5 way selector Switch. This Telecaster is unique in its pickups, as it has 3 pickups, the one at the neck position is a cylinder shaped chrome pickup, while the one at the bridge position is also a tex mex but is like a Strat with black all around it. The middle one is basically supposed to be a Strat pickup, I haven't played a Fender Strat so I don't know how much it sounds like a Strat or not, but it looks exactly like one. The tuners aren't horrible but they could be better, they go out of tune either sharp or flat after just a week of evening playing. There were no included accessories, in fact my tele was even missing a tone knob, which is the biggest turn of as far as looks for the guitar.