Deluxe Nashville Tele review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Nashville Tele

Purchased from: Harmony Central Classifieds

This is where I feel that this guitar is being sold short. All of these other reviews are being written by people who are playing the guitar through low-end amps. The Telecaster is the most basic guitar made (excluding the Esquire) and will sound just as good as your entire setup. If you have a good amp, it will sound beautiful. If you have a cheesy amp, its gonna sound cheesy. I play it through a Fender Hot Rod Deville 410 and a Traynor Custom Valve YCV80. Neither are really top of the line amps, but they are still great tube amps. I play mainly Indie rock, post-rock, post-punk, and classic rock styles with my setup (Boss DS-1, GE-7, EH Deluxe Memory Man). In the bridge setting, you get the classic piercing Tele sound that you either love or hate. The neck is a very warm and articulate sounding pickup. My surprise favorite is the middle Strat pickup. I love its warmth and brightness and I love using it on clean solos. The combination of the wood and this pickup results in buttery smooth chords and riffs. I rarely use the bridge/middle combo because I like the sound from each one individually better. The neck/middle combo is great for rhythm chords and lines. This is such an amazingly versatile guitar. I love the original pickups, but I ordered some Fender Vintage Noiseless Tele pickups that should be here this week.

You can use this guitar in any type of music except for metal. I see many punk bands (yuck) using these and it's trebly chords actually sound good along with them. If I lost it, you bet your arse I'd buy another one. Its like having a Strat and a Tele in one guitar, and I can't imagine buying both guitars to replace this one. I love how great mine looks and feels and plays and sounds and I keep getting compliments on how good it looks and sounds. This guitar is way too good for its price. The only way it would be a 10 is if it was a real Vintage Tele.

I have played some mighty emotional practices with this guitar and it has seen some action. The hardware is very durable and hasn't oxidized at all. I would totally use this alone at a gig with no backup (even though I always have a couple) and don't see any way that it could mess up on me. I don't see reliability or durability ever becoming a problem with this guitar.

I bought this guitar from a guy who barely played it and left the factory action as-is, and while easy to play, it could have been better. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, however, and I haven't messed with them since I bought it last year. Every single part of this guitar was put together perfectly. There were no gaps or uneven spots where the pickguard was installed, or on the control plate, or even in the joint where the neck meets the body.

I have a 2003 Mexican made Deluxe Nashville Tele that my band mates envy. It's a quite basic Tele; 21 medium frets, alder body, with maple neck and rosewood fretboard. The finish is a gorgeous metallic glossy candy apple red which is a little more on the wine red side than candy apple (and I like it darker). The pickguard is a kinda cheesy tortoise shell that looks kinda cheap, but I ordered a white pearloid pickguard that I'm waiting for. It's a normal Tele bridge with 6 Strat-like saddles instead of the old-style 3 saddles. The controls are the basic tone and volume knobs, with the addition of a 5-way Strat-like Switch for the 3 pickups.