Deluxe Players Strat review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Players Strat

First off, let me say that I have an Epiphone elitist les paul, and this guitar is the perfect compliment to it. You can get great clean tones from the guitar to some slightly crunchy tones from the bridge pickup just undre an amp with no extreme settings, just plainly set up. It sounds great with a moderate level of distortion, but I wouldn't reccomend any massive distortion or metal with this guitar. that's why I have my les paul. Blues sound great with the guitar as well. With the toggle Switch set to the neck or neck/middle postition and the button for the bridge pickup activated, you can get some unique sounds from it you couldn't without the button. it's a great guitar for hendrix, clapton, RHCP, and even some Muse stuff sounds nice with the right amo settings. I am playing this through a Fender Cyber Deluxe too, which is a decent amp, but a tube amp would amplify this great guitar even more. Not much problems at all with the sound, just a stray tone you can't seem to get here and there.

This guitar is a perfect fit for me. If lost, I would replace this in a heartbeat. It plays almost exactly like an american, if not better than some, for about 400 dollars less than one. I reccomend if looking in to a Strat, play this guitar before buying an american or anything more expensive. This is a work of art and craftsmanship which is an achievement from the Fender corporation.

The guitar seems very durable. I plan on getting in a band soon and playing with this guitar and my les paul. It seems very well build. The strap buttons stay in nicely and with a good strap and some locks, this thing should never have to worry you aboout falling off. If I were doing a gig with just blues/lighter rock, I would only need to take this guitar. It seems reliable enough to get me through whatever playing I need.

I got this guitar and couldn't wait to get home and play it. It was set up nicely at the guitar center. I didn't have to adjust the action or anything when I got home. Everything was set. They even polished it and gave it the full Dunlop care package system, so it felt even better to play. The guitar is beautiful as well. The blue with the brown celluloid pcikguard is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever seen. There were no dents, scratches, or any other flaws that I have seen in the month I have had this guitar.

My guitar is a 60th anniversary year deluxe players Strat as indicated by the Diamond sybol on the back of the headstock. The guitar is made in mexico, but do not under any circumstances let this effect your dececion on this guitar. It plays and feels like an American Strat in my opinion. The body of the guitar is made of Ash and the neck is a "c" shaped maple. The fingerboard on mine is rosewood. There are 21 medium jumbo frets. There are 3 "noiseless" pickups on the guitar along with a button just below your tone adjustment knobs to automatically activate the bridge pickup. it's pretty muc hstandard the rest of the way as to what you are used to with strats. 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs, and your 5 way selector (which there are more combos with the button so actually 7.) My guitar came with a nicely padded gigbag which is fine if you aren't planning on doing heavy giging becasue the bag is very padded. I really don't have any complaints with the features in this guitar.