Deluxe Players Strat review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Players Strat

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play mostly Blue and Jazz but I do dable in other forms and it covers everything I need, I play it through a Fender Blues Deluxe valve amp which gives it a nice warm tone. The Vintage Noiseless Pickups are amazing as they cut out all the mains hum like a humbucker but give you that nice bright tone of a single coil. I would say it would be all right for nearly all styles of music, I would recomend it for serious metal heads but it would get you by.

As I said I paly mostly blues and Jazz and it fits nicely. I have been playing for about 2-3 years and I started of with a Squier Strat which was ok but it's nothing compared to this. I was going to buy the Gibson ES-137 Classic before this but it was discontinued, so I had to seek other options and when I saw this I fell in love with it from the word go. If it were Lost or stolen I would definatly replace it with another one. I love the pickups the most as they are an amazing combo.

I would be happy to use this guitar in a Live situation with a backup and the hardware looks like it will last as long as the rest of it. I would think I should be using this guitar for a long time. I can see it lasting a long time without any need for replacement parts.

The Guitar was partly set up, the whammy bar action was all ready set up but the neck relief was next to nothing. Pickups were adjusted to Fender standards but I moved them to my own personel setting, Apart from that every else was good, finish was perfect and the gold plating on the hardware looks good quailty aswell.

I bought this guitar Brand New, was made in 2007 and it's from Mexico. 21 fret 12" radius neck with medium jumbo frets, Solid Ash body and I went with the Rosewood fretbaord as it looks great with my chosen finish, which is the Sapphire blue, Your Standard Strt shape with small Strat headstock and Vintage Tuners, Syncro Trem, Vintage Noiseless picks, 5 way selecter Switch, a Series paralell button, and your Standard tone and volume. I got a free Deluxe gig bag with it.