Deluxe Players Strat review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Players Strat

Purchased from: Professional Music Technology

This guitar is incredibly versatile and can play pretty much everything I want and more. I play all sorts, stuff like Jeff Buckley, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani and the occasional heavier songs from Rage Against The Machine, Guns n Roses, Velvet Revolver etc it suits all of this perfectly and I can always get the exact tone I want just by using the tone controls and pickups, with the magical button of course. I play through a Vox AD50-VT 212 and it sounds absolutely amazing through it. You can get a really rich warm tone on the neck pickup, a bright sound on the middle pickup and a really funky tone on the brudge pickup.

This guitar is perfect for every type of music, you can do anything with it. I've been playing for about 3 years and this was my step up from a Squier and what a step up! It's amazing and I would recomend it to anyone looking for a Strat who doesn't have 1000. If anyone stole this I'd find them, congratulate them for good taste and then steal it back. I love the fact you can get any sound out of it and all the amazing features it has for it's price is amazing.

This guitar is percect for gigs, I could easily be used without a back up. The hardware is all very well made and can withstand all kinds of punishment, I don't know about the strap buttons because I put strap lock seals on the top of my strap the moment I got it home. It is very reliable, I've never had any problems.

The action was really high when I first got it but it took only 10 minutes to sort that and the intonation out. The pickups were setup fine and there wasn't a single flaw anywhere on the guitar. The factory strings also needed changing but it had been on the wall of PMT for at least a year, so it's only expected.

This beautiful guitar has 21 medium-jumbo frets. The body is Ash and the necks come in either maple of rosewood. I chose the maple neck and the tranparent honey blonde finish. The neck is 12" 25.5 scale which is a really smooth neck to play on, perfect for blues and complex chords. It's a basic Strat with with upgrades. Obviously it has the 5 way pickup Switch and 2 tone 1 volume control as all strats do. The pickups are top of the line Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups with a SSS configuration. The bridge is a Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo which allows you to both bend the pitch down or up without the need of locking tuners, it isnt as extreme as a Floyd Rose but for what's it's designed for you wouldn't want one on this guitar. The tuners are very much like bass guitar tuners, they are Reliance Vintage Style Tuning Machines which need the string to be put into the top of the tuner, then bent round and wound on. This is fiddily at first but it really does hold the strings well, I've had this guitar for a while now and I rarely have to tune it and I haven't had a single string breakage (touch wood). It came with a free set of strings of my choice as the stock strings had been on for a year, so I naturally chose Elixirs. By far the best feature of this guitar is the push button located next to the tone controls. With the push of a button the bridge pickup is activated, so this allows the neck and bridge pickup to be switched on giving the sound much to that of a Telecaster or all 3 pickups to be switched on giving a very twangy/funky sound. This guitar comes with amazing features for the price.