Deluxe Players Strat review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Players Strat

Oh god. This is where the magic happens. This guitar was made to be versatile, and to be an everymans guitar. The bridge pickup is, well, hot, the neck pickup is chunkier, and the middle PU I don't really use. I use it with a Fender 65R amp and on clean it sounds kind of twangy really. Then on distortion... ohh. You get the picture.

This guitar, being as it is that I like to play all sorts of music, is perfect for me. I have been playing seriously for just over 18 months, so look at other reviews, but I love it and would recommend it to... anyone. The PU button is kind of silly, but it's cool to have. Other than that, just about the perfect mid-priced guitar.

Yes, this guitar will withstand live shows. Yes, I would go to a normal gig without a backup. Would I take it on tour without another? No. I just don't trust any single piece of wood and metal on it's own for that, no matter how solid. The finish seems like it will last plenty long enough, and the "gold" hardware feels plenty tough.

Factory, the guitar is not set up that well. The action was too high for me, but most of that's personal preference. I now have it set with a very low action, and there is still no buzz. The PUs are set just the right height from the factory though, so good to go there. The finish was outstanding; I got the trans. blue, so I haven't really seen the others, but the hardware and everything else was flawless.

I believe mine was made in 2008 in Mexico. It has a regular rosewood fretboard with the Standard 21 frets. It's a solid body made of I think Ash. Check on that though. It has 3 Noiseless pickups, some of the best. Comes with your normal 5-way, 2 tone knobs, 1 volume knob, plus a small button between the tone knobs that turns on the bridge pickup so you can use all 3 pickups at once. The bridge is Vintage trem. Floyd Rose would be nice but can't have everything.