Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster

The Roadhouse Stratocaster is especially good for blues and some types of rock. I use a Marshall MG30 FX amplifier or a Squier SP.10 when I am practicing with the guitar. I sometimes use the Marshall amp's built in delay, reverb, chorus, flanger and phaser when playing. Most of the time I use a Vox classic Wah Wah pedal to get the best tone out of the instrument. The Stratocaster sounds best when it is on the neck pickup and the bass and tone are turned to almost zero. The Fender has a very distinctive sound that separates it from most of the other strats around. I personally think that the Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster is a brilliant guitar and is definitely worth buying if you are interested in blues.

If this guitar was broken or stolen I would definitely buy it again before getting another guitar. My favorite feature of the guitar is probably the color of it because the Orange sunburst goes well with the dark red. If I had to compare this guitar with my BC Rich Mockingbird Masterpiece my Fender would win by far.

The hardware of the guitar seems like it will last fairly long. The finish of the Fender seems like it will last for quite a few years without wearing away a lot. I am able to depend on this guitar and I would use it in a gig without a backup and although one of the strap buttons on the guitar seems to be slightly faulty it should last for a good amount of time before needing strap locks.

The guitar was set up very well at the factory. The action of the guitar is low which is what I wanted so I can play reasonably fast riffs and licks whilst using the guitar.

The Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster was made in Mexico. It comes fitted with Texas pickups and has 21 accessible frets. The fretboard radius of the guitar is 9.5" (24.1cm). The fretboard and neck of the guitar are both made out of maple with a finish of satin urethane. The body is made out of alder. The scale length of the instrument is 25.5" (64.8cm). The controls given include: 1 volume knob, 2 tone knobs and a 5 way pickup selector. It has a Standard 4 bolt neck plate, a modern "C" shape neck and black Dot position inlays. A free gig bag was sent with the guitar.