Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

I like classic rock, grunge and alternative rock. I play alot of Led Zep, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc. The guitar is exceptional for clean, bright sounds just like you would expect in a Fender, but the bridge pickup, which is not a Texas Special like the others, is not outstanding when you play fuzzy, fast riffs like "Whole Lotta Love" where it sounds too light. There is very little noise from any of the pickups though. There are a huge range of sounds you can get from the guitar though. Chords sound superb as do solos, even on the bridge pickup with lots of fuzz.

Overall, there are no complaints really. I play it through a Fender Blues Junior which is also fantastic, and I have a Boss ME-70 multi effects which has a Single-Coil to Humbucker mode which means anything played on a Les Paul can be covered nicely with this guitar. In my opinion, this sounds basically as good as an American Standard Strat which is alot more money, for nothing any better so this guitar is fantastic value for money. Highly recommended.

The guitar is great live, easy to play with a strap and good looking and eye catching. The strap buttons are very tight and reliable, and it's perfectly balanced. I wouldn't think twice about using it with no backup. The finish is good, the paint is thick and evenly applied.

The guitar was really well set up at the factory. Pick up and play. The action was perfect. Easy to play while not so low that there is constant fret buzz. The only adjustment I made was to flatten the bridge off so you don't change the pitch by resting your hand on it. One day, I think I will change the bridge pick up one day, but there is no rush. Te pickups were set really well, no noisy strings etc.

Made in Mexico 2010 with 21 medium-jumbo frets on a thick maple neck. The scratchplate is really cool and goes with the gloss white paint really nicely. The tremolo bridge is good, and the tuners are really good, so you don't need to tune more than once a day. The Texas Special mid and neck pickups are fantastic. No hum or feedback, but with that great Fender sound. The guitar came with a fairly crappy gig bag which I don't use.

jjpgracia
    I've bought this year a Mexican Roadhouse Deluxe, a 2008 sunburst colour and I'm very happy with my guitar. The sound is great, you don't have a buzz and the range of sounds you could do is so great. It fits well with rock, blues, indie and even hard rock. I don't know how are the new ones but I really like it!
    wmachine
    Yes, 2014-2015 Roadhouses (Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Stratocaster) have 22 frets.
    Panos94
    Do the later models of this particular guitar come with 22 frets? Cause I keep finding 22-fretted Roadhouses all around the web.